1. Cornerback Rod Sweeting wore No. 40 in the game in honor of Julian Burnett.
2. The team wore navy jerseys, the first time Tech has done that since 2010.
3. B-back David Sims was held out of the game as a precautionary measure as he recovers from a stress fracture in his shin. A-back Orwin Smith, who injured his shoulder against Virginia Tech, played on a limited basis.
Offensive tackle Morgan Bailey, who was questionable, did not play. Coach Paul Johnson said Bailey “said he couldn’t go” during practice this week. He is coming back from a high-ankle sprain.
4. Wide receiver Anthony Autry and defensive end Adam Gotsis, both true freshmen, played for the first time. B-back Broderick Snoddy was among a handful of redshirt freshmen who also got their first action. Snoddy ran six times for 13 yards and scored on a two-yard run.
“It was good to have a game where you could get those guys out there and hopefully now the next time they go out there, they won’t be as wide-eyed and doing some silly stuff at times,” Johnson said.
5. Johnson was not aware of any player getting hurt with the possible exception of inside linebacker Daniel Drummond, who re-tweaked an ankle injury.
“We’ll know more [Sunday],” Johnson said.