4:27 pm April 26, 2011, by Ken Sugiura
- Matthew Grimes (5-2, 4.01 ERA) pitches for Tech against Ben Cornwell (1-3, 5.84). In the last meeting, Grimes struck out a career-high 10 and gave up two runs on eight hits in Tech’s 5-3 win.
- Tech is 30-11, Georgia is 21-20.
- The Yellow Jackets have won the first two games of the series this season and will be going for a second consecutive season sweep.
- Both teams are coming off of series wins over the weekend. Tech swept Boston College, Georgia took two of three from Tennessee.
- Tech’s five-game winning streak against the Bulldogs is its third-longest in the series. The longest was a seven-game streak from 1906-09.
- Game will be on Fox Sports South and on the radio at 91.1 WREK and online at ramblinwreck.com. Also on Georgia network on 960 WRFC and 1230 WFOM.
The inside scoop on Georgia Tech sports from beat writer Ken Sugiura
Vacation stops, manage subscriptions and more