A few notes about the game
A few notes about the game, from Tech’s sports information department:
- Saturday’s game marks the first Georgia Tech-Georgia meeting in which neither of the two teams are nationally ranked since 1996. Last year Tech was ranked 7th and Georgia was not ranked.
- The Tech-UGA game is one of four ACC-SEC match-ups on Saturday. The SEC is 3-0 against the ACC this season. LSU beat North Carolina (30-24), Auburn def. Clemson (27-24 ot) and Alabama beat Duke (62-13). The previous two seasons (2008 and 2009) combined saw the SEC go 11-10 vs. ACC teams.
- Georgia Tech did not play a home night game in 2010, a rarity on the Flats. The Yellow Jackets, however, will play their third road night game of the season on Saturday.
- In the last 30 meetings with Georgia, Tech has gone scoreless in the first quarter 15 times. Meanwhile, the Jackets have gone scoreless in the second quarter just three times.
- Tech has more fourth-down attempts this season (34) than Florida State, Boston College, Virginia Tech and Clemson combined (32).
- There still have a few remaining tickets for Saturday’s game, available online only at www.ramblinwreck.com/tickets. Once purchased, those tickets can be picked up Saturday after 5:45 p.m. at Sanford Stadium’s Gate 5.