Johnson headed to Georgia Southern Hall of Fame

Georgia Tech Paul Johnson will be inducted into Georgia Southern’s Hall of Fame this weekend.

Johnson coached the Eagles from 1997-2001, leading them to back-to-back national titles in 1999 and 2000. The Eagles were 62-10 during his five seasons, broke or tied 379 records and produced 31 All-Americans. They also had a 39-game home winning streak. Johnson was also a coordinator there from 1983-86, help them win two national championships.

“We had some great times there, won a lot of football games, had a lot of friends, it was a lot of fun,” Johnson said.

He said he hasn’t gotten to visit Statesboro often, but he did visit this summer and got to play golf with some friends.

“It’s always fun,” he said.

19 comments Add your comment

ManUp...

October 27th, 2010
7:20 pm

Good for him. Now get the Jackets to 2 National Championships…

HenryCountyGT

October 27th, 2010
7:45 pm

I think time will show that Tech did well to hire him. I met a Georgia Southern professor who was his neighbor. He told me that Johnson is very focused and that he loves to win football games. Period.
Congratulations to Coach Johnson for his past achievements. I’m enjoying his winning career at Tech.

fan of Tech football

October 27th, 2010
8:48 pm

Don’t stay too long PJ

ACC big man

October 27th, 2010
9:32 pm

Congratulations Paul. Will you be sharing your famed creek sucker recipe at the induction? Or should I say abduction? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

HenryCountyGT

October 27th, 2010
9:49 pm

The dawgs and the drunks are getting wound up.

wesleywhatwhat

October 27th, 2010
10:48 pm

congrats to payl johnson!

what can you say – the man is a winner.

macrotech

October 27th, 2010
11:45 pm

What?! I thought he SUCKED!!! Oh…THAT’S right… he wins EVERYWHERE he coaches! CPJ deserves to be in the GSU Hall of Fame. Bet he ends up in THE Hall of Fame before cmr! GO CPJ!!!

GT-UT

October 28th, 2010
12:02 am

I hope he still has the fire in him to get Tech to and win the big show. Do that a couple times and we will be talking about three awesome coaches at GT. Hmmm, they’ll have to name an award after him to be in that league.

v8 cat

October 28th, 2010
5:58 am

Congratulations Paul.
As a long-time Tech fan, I don’t think it is realistic to expect any national championships any time soon, but I do think we can win the ACC ocassionally, beat UGA at least 40% of the time and be competitive in the other 60% of those games. This is reality.

Sanjeev

October 28th, 2010
8:48 am

Wow where you been AJC? This was known for several weeks.

egeagle

October 28th, 2010
9:02 am

We’ll be glad to honor PJ this weekend and thank him for all he did for us. We’re glad to have Monken back as well. He’s honest and straightforward. I love/hate the irony that PJ learned so much from Erk. Now he is doing well with Tech, and y’all may not want to hear this, but when you get a better (quicker and better D reader)QB, you will keep on being successful.

GottaLovaEagle

October 28th, 2010
9:21 am

Glad for PJ to get that recognition. It is deserved and he will do Tech proud too.

damngooddawg!

October 28th, 2010
9:29 am

Cudos to PJ. Just remember though. His high school ofense doesn’t work when you get up with the big boys…I’m just sayin’………

Sanjay Gupta

October 28th, 2010
9:35 am

I go to gatech, but I do not know this…football? of what do you speak?

JW

October 28th, 2010
10:25 am

damngooddawg! = Sanjay Gupta

You two clowns are idiots. His offense sure hung 45 on you in athens in 08. His offense was in a position in the last minutes of the 4th to beat you in 09.

Honest and Reliable

October 28th, 2010
11:14 am

Wesley, You talk like you need a good enema. One of those big yellow headed ones about the size of a coke bottle. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Mr. Reality

October 28th, 2010
11:36 am

Wes, eat a fried sucker filet buddy before you get that enema. Josh Nibbler can help you with the tartar sauce. Mr. Nibbler for heisman. BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Gee

October 28th, 2010
2:45 pm

WTF is a Friend sucker filet? Who is Josh Nibbler? Again… Anyone who ends their post with BAHAHAHAHAHA when everyone knows that HAHA starts with an H not a B is a D.A. Now theres some letters for you Mr. Clueless … You effin retard!

Gee

October 28th, 2010
2:46 pm