A look at Georgia Tech’s wide receivers
Switching from the safeties, we take a look at Georgia Tech’s wide receivers:
THE WIDE RECEIVERS
- Returning starters: Kevin Cone, Stephen Hill, Tyler Melton.
- Others to watch: Quentin Sims, Daniel McKayhan, Jeremy Moore.
- Key losses: Demaryius Thomas, who is now with the NFL’s Denver Broncos.
- Key fact: Four Tech receivers, not including A-backs or B-backs, caught passes last season for 1,355 yards.
- Key question: Thomas was responsible for 1,154 of those yards. Who will replace that?
- Key question 2: Who will become quarterback Joshua Nesbitt’s go-to guy, not only for those long threats but when crucial first downs are needed? Hill and Melton will likely be the starters. Hill seems to be the player everyone thinks will be the next Thomas, but until the games start it’s hard to say. All of the wide receivers have similar builds, though none are close to Thomas’ 6-3, 230 pounds.
- Outlook: It depends upon expectations. If it’s expected that someone is going to come in catch 1,000 yards of passes, as Thomas did, then you will likely be disappointed. If it’s expected that the receivers are going to combine to catch more than 1,500 yards, then you will likely be happy.
- Your turn: What say you about the wide receivers?
For a look at the safeties, go here
For a look at the offensive line, go here
For a look at the running backs, go here
For a look at the defensive line, go here
Follow me on twitter @ajcgatech