Bits of factual fun about the Atlanta regional
If it defeats Mercer, Alabama plans on throwing left-hander Adam Morgan against Georgia Tech in the 7 p.m. game. Morgan is 6-4 with a 6.04 ERA.
Now, some bits of trivia, courtesy of Georgia Tech’s Sports Information Department:
- Georgia Tech is batting .386 in the tournament with five home runs.
- Tech’s ERA is 1.00, while Alabama’s is 3.18 (Mercer is 9.00; both are before Sunday’s game).
- Georgia Tech has not committed an error (Alabama has committed five heading into Sunday’s game).
Of the 16 teams that enter Sunday undefeated:
- 5 from the ACC (Clemson, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Miami, Virginia)
- 3 from the SEC (Arkansas, Florida, South Carolina)
- 2 from the Pac 10 (Arizona State, UCLA)
- 2 from the Big 12 (Oklahoma, Texas)
- 1 from the Southern (Charleston)
- 1 from the Mountain West (TCU)
- 1 from the Big East (Louisville)
- 1 from the Big Ten (Minnesota)
- 3 from South Carolina (Charleston, Clemson, South Carolina)
- 3 from Florida (Florida, Florida State, Miami)
- 2 from Texas (Texas, TCU)
- 1 No. 4 seed (Minnesota)
- 0 No. 3 seeds
- 2 No. 2 seeds (Clemson, Charleston)
- 13 No. 1 seeds
Of the 16 teams that were eliminated on Saturday two were from the Pac 10 (Stanford and California) and three were from BCS conferences (N.C. State, Stanford and California).
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @AJCGATECH