Miami, Ft. Lauderdale or Plantation?!? Who cares. It’s Florida and it’s warm
Woohoo! It’s 75 degrees outside, about 35 higher than in Douglasville at 1:30 Wednesday when I left.
Even better than the warmth……Cuban food. I loves me some Cuban food.
But, I digress.
There are lots and lots of interesting storylines to watch for in the upcoming Orange Bowl.
Here’s a few I’m most interested in, and would be interested to hear your t houghts on the subject, as well:
- Iowa’s large, tough defensive line, against Tech’s smaller, quicker, and tough, offensive line.
- How will Tech’s offense fare after a month off? Running offenses are generally characterized as physical and tough. Tech’s is both, but it also relies on timing. Will the timing be there after so many days off?
- Any hangover from the last trip to Miami earlier this season? I doubt it. I don’t really see a connection between a site and a result, but as I’ve often said, what do I know?
- How has Tech’s defense improved in its past 10+ practices?
- For a team that hasn’t appeared in one of the “Big Four” bowls in 40-plus years, what could this mean to the future of the Jackets’ program?
- How many Tech fans will be here? In my unofficial count, there were three Iowa fans on the plane down. No Tech fans. By fans, I mean someone who is wearing identifiable team gear. And, keep in mind, that is a highly scientific standard that can withstand all but the most intense scrutiny.
- And, I doubt there will be an answer to this question, but could this be the last game for more than one Tech junior?
Here’s a great read about an Iowa fan. Beware, it might get dusty whereever you read this: http://bit.ly/8aPRPV
If you are wondering about the title of the thread, the Orange Bowl has a Miami dateline, but its actually on the outskirts of Ft. Lauderdale. And I am staying in Plantation.