Here’s a few of the records set by Georgia State’s men’s basketball team, as compiled by GSU associate SID Mike Holmes.
The Panthers (17-8,9-5 CAA) will host Delaware on Saturday at the Sports Arena.
1. Blocked Shots – Eric Buckner (135) Previous Mark: Zavian Smith, 1989-94; 128
2. Games Played – Jihad Ali (117) & James Fields (115)
a. Both are on pace to break the school record of 122 by Trae Golston (2006-10)
Season Records (Individual)
1. Blocked Shots – Eric Buckner (86) Previous Mark: Sylvester Morgan, 2004-05; 81
Season Records (Team)
1. Blocked Shots – currently 135 Previous Mark: 2010-11; 148
2. Fewest Pts. Allow per game: currently 57.8 Previous Mark: 2008-09; 63.6
3. Lowest FG% allowed: currently 37.6% Previous Mark: 2010-11; 40.5%
1. Blocked shots – 14 vs. FIU (12/1/11) Previous Mark: 12 vs. Troy, 1/29/00
1. 78 field goal attempts vs. Delaware on Jan. 21 was the most in school history in a CAA game.
2. 94.7 (18-19) free throw percentage against McNeese State (Nov. 18) is the fifth highest mark in school history behind four perfect games.
3. 87.1 (27-31) free throw percentage against Drexel (Jan. 2) is the highest free throw percentage by Georgia State in a CAA game.
4. 15 steals at Delaware (Jan. 21) is the most ever by Georgia State in a CAA game.
5. 34 points allowed to William & Mary (Dec. 3) is second only to a 33 point game against Howard in 2009.
6. Eric Buckner now holds 6 of the top 10 single game blocked shots records.
7. Eric Buckner’s 81.8 (9-11) field goal percentage at S.C. State (Nov. 29) is the fifth best mark in school history.
8. Rashaad Richardson’s 70.0% (7-of-10) three-point percentage at Washington (Nov. 12) is the third best mark in school history.
9. Rashaad Richardson’s seven 3-pointers made at Washington is tied for the sixth most in school history.
10. James Fields’ seven steals vs. UNCW (Jan. 12) is just one shy of the school record of eight and tied for fifth most in school history.
Team Winning Marks
1. Set school record with 11 consecutive wins, breaking the school mark of eight set during the 2001 season.
2. Coach Hunter’s 17-8 start is the best start to a season of any first year coach in Georgia State history.
3. The 11 home wins are tied for the third most in school history. The record is 16 set during the 2000-01 season.
4. The 10-game home court winning streak was the second longest in school history only behind a 25-game streak between 2000 and 2002.
5. The nine CAA wins are the most conference wins in a season since joining the league in 2005.
6. The Panthers are on pace to have the highest seed that they have ever had in the CAA Tournament. Never have been better than an eight seed.
7. The Panthers secured their first winning season since the 2003-04 season.
8. The 17 wins are tied for the fourth most in school history. The team won 29 games in 2000-01 and 20 games in each 2001-02 and 2003-04.