Lineup for GPB Sports Central
GPB Sports Central
GPB Sports Central airs weekly on Wednesdays at 7:30 pm on Channel 8 and its HD channel. The show will replay Fridays at 11 p.m. with final high school football scores and Saturdays at noon with final scores and game news.
- Reporter Mark Harmon went up to Cumming where he visited Bryce Haynes of Pinecrest Academy, considered the top long snapper in the county.
- Reporter Jon Nelson checks in with Class A Charlton County, which has won four state championships in the last 12 years.
- Host Gil Tyree does a story on the new turf fields in Cobb County, part of a $9.5 million project, and the effect it is having on one high school team.
- Reporter Niki Noto hits the field with the Lady Eagles of Collins Hill, looking to win a back-to-back state title in softball.
- Recruiting expert Scott Janovitz is this week’s guest, there is the GPB/AJC Top 10 high school football poll presented by the Georgia High School Football Daily, radio voice Tommy Palmer checks in from South Georgia and Falcons fullback Ovie Mughelli talks about his high school experiences.
GPB Sports Central XL
GPB Sports Central XL: a live video chat featuring interviews with Georgia High School coaches mixing it up with bloggers, writers and fans. Airs weekly on Wednesday at 8:00 pm online at gpb.org/sports.
- Theme for this week is the midterm review: Guests will talk about the best teams, players and games of the first half and what to expect in the second half of the regular season and the playoffs.
- Host of the Georgia High School Scoreboard Tommy Palmer will focus on South Georgia, the AJC’s Michael Carvell will discuss the metro Atlanta area, Todd Holcomb of the GHSD Daily will look at the whole state and Score Atlanta/GPB recruiting expert Scott Janovitz will tell us who has moved up or down the recruiting prospect list.
- GPB will be webcasting two games this week so the head coaches at Kell and Pope will talk about Friday’s game and coaches from Valdosta and M L King will look into Saturday’s battle.