Top individual performances in high school football last week
Here are some of the top individual performances from last week. Let us know if we’ve missed a good one.
- Brookwood RB Nick Tompkins rushed for 199 yards and scored two touchdowns, one on a screen pass, in a 37-0 victory over Archer.
- Brunswick QB Chris Anderson was 30-for-43 passing for 344 yards and two touchdowns and rushed for 195 yards and two touchdowns – giving him 539 yards of total offense – in a 64-62 overtime loss to Valdosta.
- Carver of Columbus RB Isaiah Crowell rushed for 185 yards and three touchdowns on 27 carries in a 21-7 victory over LaGrange.
- Chattahoochee WR Kane Whitehurst caught four passes for 198 yards and returned a kickoff 90 yards for a touchdown in a 42-7 victory over Creekview.
- Chestatee FS/QB Scott Chewning intercepted three passes and returned two of them 74 and 98 yards for touchdowns in a 55-7 victory over Dawson County. He also recovered a fumble. On offense, he was 6-of-10 passing for 122 yards.
- Gainesville RB/LB A.J. Johnson rushed for 192 yards on 17 carries, mostly by direct snap out of the wildcat formation in the second half, in a 20-13 victory over North Hall. Johnson also had 19 tackles (11 solo).
- LaFayette RB Devarus Porter rushed for 213 yards and four touchdowns in barely more than two quarters of play in a 47-7 victory over Murray County..
- M.L. King WR/FS Kevin Byard had 266 all-purpose yards, a blocked punt, an interception and eight tackles in a 42-28 victory over Westlake.
- Marist PK Austin Hardin kicked a 59-yard field goal with 3 seconds left in a 17-14 victory over Southwest DeKalb.
- North Gwinnett QB Scotty Hosch was 12-of-13 passing for 227 yards and three touchdowns in a 33-20 victory over Collins Hill.Prince Avenue RB William McNeely rushed for 257 yards and five touchdowns in a 48-13 victory over Glascock County.
- South Gwinnett RB Aaron Wimberly had 350 all-purpose yards, including a 97-yard kickoff return for a touchdown to open the second half, in a 62-27 victory over Central Gwinnett. Wimberly had 169 yards rushing.
- Stephens County RB Chaz Thornton rushed for 223 yards and three touchdowns on 13 carries in a 45-17 victory over West Hall.
- Valdosta QB Ryan Whilden was 16-for-25 passing for 335 yards for four touchdowns – two apiece to Jay Rome (5 catches, 88 yards) and Malcolm Mitchell (5-196) – in a 64-62 victory over Brunswick.
- Washington County RB Montravious Gladdin rushed for 204 yards and three touchdowns in a 26-6 victory over Thomson.
- Westside (Macon) RB Terrell Johnson rushed for 228 yards in a 21-7 victory over Rutland.
- Wilcox County QB Nick Marshall had a hand in all seven Wilcox County touchdowns in 46-14 victory over Lanier County. He had four touchdowns passing, two rushing and one returning an interception 65 yards. He was 10-of-17 passing for 218 yards and rushed for 79 yards on seven carries.
- Woodland (Cartersville) QB Ashton Shelton rushed for 256 yards and five touchdowns and threw for 100 yards (7-for-26 passing) and one touchdown in a 55-44 loss to Johns Creek.
Georgia High School Football Daily is a free e-mail newsletter. To subscribe, e-mail GHSFDaily@bellsouth.net or click HERE