St. Pius sending players to UGA, Alabama and Clemson
AJC's Michael Carvell
Soccer powerhouse St. Pius is sending players to college powerhouses all over the county.
Here is a quick rundown of Thursday’s signings: (Ladies, first)
- Alexa Newfield, who holds the school records for both goals scored in a season and career, is headed to Georgia.
- Emily Cox, who recorded 19 shutouts in 22 games as a junior, selected SEC rival Alabama
- Veronica Romera will sign with Emory.
The St. Pius boys are the defending Class AAA champions, and has three going to the next level:
- Stephen McGill, a four-year starter who was named last year’s MVP, is headed to Clemson.
- Nolan McKeever will sign with Holy Cross
- Connor Jones is going to Belhaven University in Jackson, Miss.
Follow AJC Prep Zone on FACEBOOK … and Twitter