You can say one sure thing about Perry offensive lineman Johnnie Farms: He keeps things interesting.
Because when it comes to recruiting with the AJC Super 11 selection, everything is unsure. Ol’ Johnnie is going to keep us guessing right up until Wednesday. I’m sure I’m forgetting or missing some things here, but to the best of my knowledge …
- Farms tried to commit to Alabama, then was told the Crimson Tide were full of scholarships at his position
- Committed to South Carolina
- Switched to North Carolina, saying it had “a little better education than [South Carolina]
- Steve Spurrier drove to Perry, to defend South Carolina’s academics and convince Farms to still take an official visit with the Gamecocks. Farms eventually declined.
- Scheduled an official visit with Central Florida, and then canceled in part, because it was the same weekend as his grandfather’s birthday.
- Recruiting trip to Auburn this weekend
- Upon returning from Auburn, Farms said he is still committed to