Hunan Dragon III, a take-out Chinese restaurant in Decatur, was given a failing health score after a DeKalb County inspector noted several code violations that compromised food safety.
For example, one set of tongs was used to handle raw beef, raw pork and raw chicken. The inspector said that separate tongs needed to be used on different animal products to minimize cross contamination of bacteria.
Also, food prep items taken from the cooler were left out too long. Some cracked eggs, a garlic and oil mixture and some partially cooked chicken wings were discarded because the temperatures were too high.
The inspector told employees to take out only what they need to cook, and leave the rest in the cooler.
Hunan Dragon III, 1248 Clairmont Road, scored a 54/U on the routine inspection.
Among other code violations, raw chicken was being thawed improperly. Some was left out at room temperature. Other chicken was being thawed in a sink with dirty dishes. The inspector said sinks had