Filleting a whole fish can be intimidating, but we’ve made it easy with a step-by-step infographic and help from Ian Bailey of Atlanta Fish Market. You can buy whole fish or fillets at The Atlanta Fish Market’s retail store, and the price is comparable to other high-end grocery stores. The only difference? Their fish is delivered fresh every day. Ian’s favorite way to cook grouper is with a lemony, buttery francaise sauce. He shares the recipe below.
2. Beat eggs and water together.
3. Mix flour, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Dredge fish fillets lightly, shake excess flour off, and place in egg wash.
4. Cook 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown and fish flakes with a fork. Remove from pan to a plate.
5. Cut butter into small cubes and add salted butter, wine and stock to pan.
6. Whisk until the sauce forms.
7. Squeeze lemon and add capers to pan.
8. Pour sauce over fish fillets. Garnish with parsley before served.
-By Alexa Lampasona for the Food & More blog