The James Beard Foundation announced its 2014 list of Restaurant and Chef Award semifinalists today. The finalists will be announced live on March 18.
Among the Atlanta semifinalists:
* Anne Quatrano of Bacchanalia for Outsanding Chef.
* Bacchanalia also made the list for Outstanding Service, along with One Flew South.
* Billy Allin of Cakes & Ale and Todd Ginsberg of The General Muir and Steven Satterfield of Miller Union for Best Chef Southeast.
* Ford Fry of The Optimist, JCT Kitchen, No. 246, King & Duke and St. Cecilia and Mike Klank and Eddie Hernandez of Taqueria del Sol for Outstanding Restaurateur.
* Kimball House and the Porter Beer Bar for Outstanding Bar Program.
* 5&10 in Athens for Outstanding Wine Program.
Who or what is missing from the 2014 semifinalists list?
— By Bob Townsend, AJC Food and More.