Early Bird Tickets for the 2014 Atlanta Food & Wine Festival, May 29 — June 1, are on sale now, with a single day tasting tent pass priced at $80 ($20 off) and the top of the heap three day Connoisseur Experience priced at $1600. ($400 off).
In between, there are multiple ways to sip, savor and learn at what has become a one-of-a-kind Atlanta event and an exciting showcase for the South’s amazing culinary talent. More than 100 cooking and cocktail demonstrations, technique labs, food and beverage tasting seminars and panel discussions are on the schedule.
Among some of the the highlights this year:
· World of Influence with chefs Timon Balloo and Mike Gulotta on the international influences that have shaped Southern cooking.
· Men In Pink with chef Duane Nutter and sommelier Eric Crane (who are both comedians) teaming up for a playful take on food and wine pairing.
· Fill Your Belly with chef Jose Mendin and food and beverage manager offering a connoisseur cooking demo with stories about the restaurant business.
· Creole & Cajun through Gumbo with chefs Justin Girouard and Tory McPhail showing the differences between Creole and Cajun cuisine by cooking up some gumbo.
· Techniques Lab: Cocktail Kegging with Taylor Huber and Brooks Reitz taking on the brave new world of cocktails in kegs, with the word on trying it at home.
· South by South Korea with chefs Edward Lee and Paul Qui joining in a cooking demo that highlights how the flavors of Korea are showing up in the South.
If you are you planning to make it to the Atlanta Food & Wine Festival this year, what are you looking forward to seeing and tasting?
— By Bob Townsend, for the AJC Food and More blog.