Restaurant inspections, Royal Stix
A Fayetteville restaurant had its health score drop because employees were still bringing uncovered, personal drinks into the food service area, a known risk factor for food-borne illness.
The drinks were not covered with lids and straws to protect against cross contamination. It was a repeat violation for Royal Stix, 805 S. Glynn Street, which led to a failing score of 68/U. The restaurant had previous scores of 89/B and 92/A.
The restaurant was also flagged for not having an accessible employee hand sink. During the routine inspection, the sink was being used to store sponges and drink pitchers. There were no paper towels or soap.
Points were taken off for food storage violations. Raw meats were not separated from ready-to-eat foods in a cooler. Boxes of food products and containers of sanitizer were stored on the floor, instead of on shelves in the storage area. Date labels were missing from left-over foods and sauces.
Royal Stix will be re-inspected, but cleaning and repairs are needed first. The facility had repeat violations of both. The floors were dirty under the cook-line and storage shelves, the dumpster area needed cleaning and a rear door was still in need of repairs.
Restaurant management could not be reached for comment.
Here are other recent inspection scores from area restaurants.
- La Bamba Mexican Bar & Grill, 3509 Baker Road, Acworth. 100/A
- Shillings on the Square, 19 N. Park Square, Marietta. 72/C
- Sugar Cake Patisserie, 101 N. Park Square, Marietta. 88/B
- The Manna House, 45 N. Fairground St., Marietta. 73/C
- Zoe’s Kitchen, 4440 Roswell Road, Marietta. 82/B
- Chou Lee’s, 6125 Covington Highway, Decatur. 81/B
- Elder Tree Public House, 469 Flat Shoals Ave., Atlanta. 80/B
- Old Hickory House, 5490 Chamblee Dunwoody Road, Dunwoody. 70/C
- Old Tucker Fountain, 2329 Main St., Tucker. 82/B
- Sheba Ethiopian Restaurant, 1594 Woodcliff Drive, Atlanta. 75/C
- Big Daddy’s Oyster Bar and Pub, 101 Crossings E., Peachtree City. 83/B
- La Hacienda Mexican, 365 N. Fayette Place, Fayetteville. 80/B
- Pies-On Pizza, 375 E. Lanier Ave., Fayetteville. 95/A
- Rosa’s Home Cooking, 652 N. Jeff Davis Drive, Fayetteville. 91/A
- Smokey Bones, 100 Market Place Blvd., Peachtree City. 95/A
- 7 Tequila’s Mexican Restaurant, 5063 Post Road, Cumming. 100/A
- LongHorn Steakhouse, 925 Market Place Blvd., Cumming. 98/A
- Moto Japanese Steak & Sushi, 655 Atlanta Road, Cumming. 100/A
- Slopes BBQ of Cumming, 436 Canton Road, Cumming. 100/A
- Ted’s Montana Grill, 410 Peachtree Parkway, Cumming. 94/A
- Carolyn’s Gourmet Café, 1151 W. Peachtree St., Atlanta. 91/A
- Egg Harbor Café, 5920 Roswell Road, Sandy Springs. 100/A
- Mediterranean Grill, 985 Monroe Dr., Atlanta. 94/A
- Prickly Pear Taqueria, 950 W. Peachtree St., Atlanta. 97/A
- Treehouse Restaurant, 7 Kings Circle, Atlanta. 73/C
- by Laura Berrios for the Food & More blog
(Commenting is closed on this post.)
– Previous reports | Search inspections by county