Gwinnett County health officials shut down a restaurant on Rockbridge Road after discovering excessive amounts of rodent droppings in the food prep area. The inspector also found other pests, including dead roaches and worms.
The situation at Asian Buffet, 1825 Rockbridge Road, Stone Mountain, presented an “imminent health hazard,” said the inspector who conducted the routine health inspection.
Rodent droppings were found on various foods in the dry storage area, on the dishwasher, behind the vegetable sink, in the entrance to the side prep area, and along the entrance of the walk-in freezer, according to the report.
In addition, dead roaches were seen above the vegetable sink. And two worms – one dead and one alive – were found on a dirty food slicer. Live gnats and flies were also observed in the facility.
Asian Buffet scored a 47/U. Its food permit has been suspended until the rodent problem is under control and other critical violations have been corrected, the inspector said.
The restaurant was in need of a thorough cleaning. Mold, dirt and grease were present in numerous areas throughout the facility. The dining room had a leak in the ceiling. The outside dumpster was also not in good condition and was leaking meat juice.
Among other code violations, raw meats were improperly stored in the freezer and cooler. Several foods in the cooler, including raw fish, were not date marked for disposal.
This is Asian Buffet’s first failing score. The restaurant had previous scores of 82/B and 90/A.
Here are other recent inspection scores from area restaurants.
- by Laura Berrios for the Food & More blog
(Commenting is closed on this post.)