Celebrating Father’s Day with food in Atlanta
Treat dad to a free burger at The Counter. (courtesy of The Counter)
It’s time to think about celebrating dad. Offer your thanks with food at one of these meals and events around town.
- At STK dads will receive a complimentary Bell Meade bourbon cocktail with dinner on Sunday. 1075 Peachtree St., Atlanta.
- Score a free 1/3 lb. standard burger for dad at The Counter on Sunday by telling your waiter “My dad is a BFD” (big ****ing deal). 850 Mansell Road, Roswell.
- Bone Lick BBQ will offer dads a complimentary upgrade from the two-meat entree ($14) to a sampler platter of all five meat options including spare ribs, brisket, sausage, pulled pork and chicken (regularly $26). The only catch? Dad must polish off the plate himself. No sharing allowed. 1133 Huff Road, Atlanta.
- Cypress Street Pint and Plate will serve dads a free meal on Father’s Day from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. 817 West Peachtree St. N.E., Atlanta.
- P’cheen will serve dads one complimentary Old Fashioned cocktail on Sunday to accompany their meal. 701 Highland Ave., Atlanta.
Where’s the beef?
- Davio’s will host a steak tasting menu on Sunday to appeal to meat-loving dads. The three-course menu will include steak tartare, grilled ribeye and steak fries. 5-10 p.m. 3500 Peachtree Road N.E., Atlanta. $65.
- Take dads for burgers, beer and Bloody Marys at the Four Seasons on Sunday. The buffet meal featuring items prepared on a Big Green Egg includes bottomless beer and Bloody Marys. Live music, corn hole and ladder ball will make the meal an event. 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. 75 Fourteenth St., Atlanta. $79 ($70 without alcohol), $30 children ages 6-12, children 5 and under free.
- Cucina Asellina will serve dad bottomless Absolut bacon Bloody Marys during its Italian-inspired brunch this Sunday. Bottomless mimosas and bellinis will be available for all guests. 1075 Peachtree St., Atlanta.
- La Tavola Trattoria will also serve an Italian-style brunch on Sunday with items like pached eggs bruschetta and lasagna Bolognese. 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. 992 Virginia Ave., Atlanta.
- Take it to the sea with Lure’s brunch this Sunday. Brunch specialties include cold-water oysters and seared smoked scallop grits with a slow-cooked egg. 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. 1106 Crescent Ave., N.E., Atlanta.
- Big Tex Decatur will host a bluegrass brunch on Sunday. The meal will include chicken fried steak, fried chicken and burgers with musical entertainment by Banjolicious. 308 W. Ponce de Leon Ave., Decatur.
- Del Frisco’s Grille in Buckhead will serve Father’s Day brunch with items like lemon-blueberry pancakes and shareable flatbreads. 3376 Peachtree Road, Atlanta.
- It’s dinner all day long at Village Tavern in Alpharetta. On Father’s Day, the restaurant will serve steak n’fries, cowboy chicken and frilled meatloaf throughout the day. From 10 a.m – 3 p.m. the menu will also include traditional brunch items. 11555 Rainwater Dr., Alpharetta.
- SOHO Restaurant will host a lobster boil for families on Sunday. The meal includes Maine lobster (1.5 lbs.) with all the traditional accompaniments. Reservations required by 5 p.m. on Friday. 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. Sunday. 4300 Paces Ferry Road S.E., Atlanta. $28.
Take a class
- Ray’s on the Creek in Alpharetta will host a Big Green Egg cooking class on Saturday in honor of Father’s Day. Dad chefs will learn to make pulled pork sliders. 3-5 p.m. Saturday. 1700 Mansell Road, Alpharetta. $15.
For a good cause
- Each year on Father’s Day, the group Real Men Cook come together to host a tasting of 150 dishes. The event includes a cooking demonstration by Ed Harris, winner of Food Network’s “Chopped” and an R&B performance by KeKe Wyatt. 3-6 p.m. Sunday. Georgia World Congress Center. Proceeds support the group’s charity work. Advance tickets: $20 adults, $10 children under 12. ($5 upcharge at door).
For additional Father’s Day events:
–by Jenny Turknett, Food and More blog