A Duluth Vietnamese restaurant remained closed after failing another health inspection.
Huong Lan Banh Mi, 1630 Pleasant Hill Road, had its food permit suspended last month and a recent follow-up inspection did not convince Gwinnett County health officials that the permit should be reinstated.
The inspector said management did not have adequate control over food safety standards. Foods were not separated to prevent cross-contamination of bacteria, cold foods exceeded safe temperatures and the employee sink was not being used for hand-washing.
The restaurant scored a 55/U, its third failing health score in less than a year.
Among the code violations, raw chicken was stored above raw beef in the freezer and raw pork was above soup in the walk-in cooler.
Yogurt, flan, beans, rice noodles and cooked tapioca were all discarded because the temperatures exceeded 41 degrees. Some hot foods were also out of temperature range and had to be reheated.
The hand sink was being used to refill water pitchers.
Points were also taken off when the manager touched raw beef then picked up cooked tripe with the same gloves, and an employee touched rice noodles with bare hands. The noodles were discarded.
Huong Lan Banh Mi will have another food safety conference with health officials then must pass an inspection before reopening.
In other news, The Albert, 918 Austin Ave., Atlanta, scored a 97/A on its follow-up inspection.
Here are other recent inspection scores from area restaurants.
– by Laura Berrios for the Food & More blog
(Commenting is closed on this post.)