A Thai restaurant in Dunwoody lost half a day’s business last week when it was forced to close because of a failing health inspection.
Singha Thai, 5554 Chamblee Dunwoody Road, was given a 62/U, its second failing routine inspection score in the past six months.
The restaurant was allowed to re-open the next day after scoring a 94/A on a follow-up inspection by DeKalb County Environmental Heath.
Singha Thai manager Gina Sapwibun said there were a few minor corrections that had to be made to get the score back up.
“There were no big things wrong,” she said. “It wasn’t like the food was bad or anything like that. There were just a few small things to correct.”
Food had to be rearranged in the coolers. Large containers of chili had been stored next to raw chicken. And raw eggs were placed above the chili, according to the inspector.
The restaurant also needed cleaning, and a weather strip added to the back door. The inspector said the floors and walls were unclean with food debris and black build-up, and sunlight could be seen coming in underneath the door.
In other code violations, employees were observed touching raw peppers with bare hands. Containers of food in the prep cooler next to the wok were all uncovered and subject to contamination. The sanitizer bucket of water used to wipe down kitchen counters and equipment did not contain any bleach.
These violations were correct during the inspection.
Sapwibun said she is happy with the restaurant’s new inspection score.
Here are other recent inspection scores from area restaurants.
– by Laura Berrios for the Food & More blog
(Commenting is closed on this post.)