A Gwinnett County health inspector told a Duluth bar to clean its beverage machines and ice bins after mold, debris and even broken glass shards were found inside.
Wild Bill’s, a multiple bar and dance club at 2075 Market Street, was given a failing score of 64 because of repeat violations of food-borne illness risk factors, including equipment cleanliness and sanitation.
Beverage dispensing machines at several of the bars were unclean with “slimy, mold-like substance.” The ice bins at several bars were dirty with debris and residue, and one had shards of glass from a broken beer bottle, the inspector said.
The beverage machines and bins were to be washed, rinsed and sanitized. The microwave oven in the kitchen also needed cleaning.
Hand sinks at several bars didn’t have soap. And straws served to bar customers were unwrapped and handled without gloves.
In other violations, a cooler wasn’t keeping temperatures cold enough and all the food inside had to be discarded. Cheese, sour cream, eggs, butter, hot dogs and cooked chicken wings were all thrown away.
Chafing fluid and lighter fluid were being stored among food items, another repeat code violation.
Wild Bill’s Operation’s Manager Mike West said all the issues were corrected that day, and some of the code violations had to do with equipment malfunction. Wild Bill’s will be re-inspected. Previous scores were 92/A and 96/A.
Here are other recent inspection scores from area restaurants.
– by Laura Berrios for the Food & More blog
(Commenting is closed on this post.)