Shopping break: Places to eat near Atlanta malls
Chasing parking spaces, wading through crowds and waiting in checkout lines can only be done with the proper nourishment. Take a break and grab a bite to eat to boost your shopping stamina. (Our Atlanta Bargain Hunter blog has updates on shopping throughout the holidays.)
If you find yourself at or near one of these malls, here are a places to recharge and refuel.
- Taverna Fiorentina: This neighborhood Tuscan kitchen with a lengthy wine-by-the-glass menu is now open for both lunch and dinner. 3324 Cobb Pkwy S.E., Atlanta. 770-272-9825.
- Muss & Turner’s: This full-service restaurant/deli offers soups, salads, sandwiches and heartier fare with an impressive beer list. 1675 Cumberland Pkwy S.E., Smyrna. 770-434-1114.
Lenox Square/Phipps Plaza
- Buckhead Diner: Not your average diner, at this swanky spot perfect for celebrity spotting, you’ll find Southern touches to menu items like the white-truffle deviled eggs. 3073 Piedmont Road N.E., Atlanta. 404-262-3336.
- STG Trattoria: STG Trattoria serves Italian fare and specializes in from-scratch Neapolitan pizza wood-fired in Acunto ovens. 102 West Paces Ferry Road N.W., Atlanta. 404-844-2879.
Mall of Georgia
- Havana South: If you have a hankering for something a little different, try this authentic Cuban restaurant that makes a great media noche. 4060 Buford Dr., Buford. 678-546-2252.
- Rico’s World Kitchen: Chef Rico prepares international comfort cuisine with specialties like Nett’s lumpia and a mean mojo pork sandwich. 306 West Main St., Buford. 678-765-7518.
Mall at Stonecrest
- Gladys Knight & Ron Winans’ Chicken & Waffles: Serving more than just chicken and waffles, this restaurant offers takes on southern specialties with items like the collard green spring rolls. 7301 Stonecrest Concourse, Lithonia. 770-482-6766.
- Smokey Bones: You’ll need a few napkins to tackle the saucy St. Louis-style ribs and the hot bag o’ donuts for dessert. 2930 Stonecrest Cir., Lithonia. 770-484-0020.
North Point Mall
- Pure Taqueria: Here you’ll want to sip one of the many margaritas with your plate of tacos. 103 Roswell St., Alpharetta. 678-240-0023.
- Ray’s at Killer Creek: Former “Top Chef” contestant Tracey Bloom offers a menu designed for mass appeal with items like tuna Niçoise ( salad, jumbo lump crab cakes, seafood gumbo and Georgia mountain trout. 1700 Mansell Rd, Alpharetta. 770-649-0064.
- Alon’s: Eat in or take home one of the ready-to-eat soups, sandwiches, salads or baked goods from this market located across the street from Perimeter mall. 4505 Ashford Dunwoody Rd NE, Dunwoody. 678-397-1781.
- Cafe Intermezzo: Cafe Intermezzo serves savory crepes, pastas and sandwiches, but is known for its massive dessert case and specialty coffee list. 4505 Ashford Dunwoody Road N.E., Dunwoody. 770-396-1344.
(Note: All locations are under four miles from the specified mall.)
MAP: Atlanta-area malls near you and their holiday hours
–by Jenny Turknett, Food and More blog