Additional options for hosting holiday events in Atlanta
The Pond Room at Spice Market
Atlanta has many options available for private dining. If you’re planning a social or corporate function this holiday season, it’s time to make those reservations. See yesterday’s article on venues for private holiday dining. Here are a few additional restaurants accepting reservations for your festivities.
Modern Restaurant + Bar
- This new restaurant serving American fare with an emphasis on seafood has several options for holiday gatherings. The glass encased Vista room will host groups of 30 while the Outlook room overlooking the bar and dining room will accommodate 12. Five- to seven-course tasting menus are available for your event.
Spice Market at W Atlanta Midtown
- Spice Market offers two private dining rooms that will accommodate guests for both seated and cocktail-style events. The Trellis room is the smaller of the two, seating 35 guests or holding 45 for hors d’oeuvres and cocktails. The larger Pond room will host 75 seated or 90 standing.
- Host a unique dinner-and-a-movie event At CinéBistro at Town Brookhaven. The facility will customize its bistro-style menu for the event. It can accommodate both small and large groups and in-theater dining is available.
Chicken and the Egg
- Marietta’s farm-to-table restaurant Chicken and the Egg serves its Southern fare at events for 28 people in its private dining room. Events can be set up as seated dinners or cocktail receptions.
- Decatur’s Wahoo Grill, serving European-influenced bistro fare, has several indoor and outdoor event spaces available. The outdoor spot features a tented garden area with room for 80 seated. Or, the garden room is an option for up to 70 seated guests.
- Sotto Sotto offers its Italian cuisine for private parties in a loft space large enough for 36 or a garden reception for 20.
- For a formal affair with a four-star experience and the high level of service you’d expect, Bacchanalia may be your spot. The restaurant has a private dining room that can seat up to 20 guests.
Atkins Park Tavern
- The Smyrna location of Atkins Park Tavern can host events with 6-course dinners or buffets in a private dining room for 35 or on the “weather-controlled” patio for 75.
Alternatives (Okay, these aren’t private dining spaces, but they can be fun ways to host a holiday gathering.)
Antico Pizza Napoletana
- This favorite Atlanta pizza joint is now accepting reservations for groups ranging from eight to 15 people for parties. Event costs include an Italian cake and confetti canons to end the celebration.
- Yumbii, a popular Atlanta food truck, can be scheduled to make an appearance at your event. The truck can be reserved for groups numbering 50 to 1,000.
–by Jenny Turknett, Food and More blog