Employees at a Duluth Korean restaurant weren’t careful when handling eggs and other raw foods and it cost them a failing inspection score.
Nulbom Restaurant, 2550 Pleasant Hill Road, scored a 39 on its routine inspection after having recently posted scores in the 90s. The restaurant was marked down for cross contamination of bacteria when raw egg dripped from of an employee’s gloves onto some red leaf lettuce in the prep cooler.
Another employee did not change gloves between handling raw octopus and scooping green onions to garnish a customer’s food. The onions and lettuce were thrown away.
Megan Bowen, one of the managers at Nulbom, attributed the low inspection score to new employees who did not know all of the health procedures. She said they were training the staff now in anticipation of a follow-up inspection this week.
Employees did not record the temperatures of food, or document how long they had been left out to cool. Refrigerated foods were not labeled with