A south Fulton restaurant saw its health score drop because of food-borne illness risks.
A recent routine inspection found that employees at China 88 in Fairburn were being allowed to take personal breaks in the kitchen, one employee didn’t wash up after after handling raw meat and a food surface area wasn’t sanitized after being contaminated.
All of this could transfer bacteria onto customer food, according to a Fulton County health inspector.
The restaurant at 5370 Highway 92 was given a failing score of 67 and management was told to correct all food-borne illness risk factors, undergo a intervention hearing with the Fulton County Health Department and pass a re-inspection.
China 88 had a designated area for employee eating, drinking and smoking within the food prep area, even though workers are not supposed to have any personal items, including food or drinks, near the customer food.
An employee was observed handling raw chicken then switching to raw broccoli without