Der Biergarten, the German-themed restaurant/beer garden in downtown’s Luckie Marietta district, kicks off their Oktoberfest celebration, Munich on Marietta Street, this weekend.
Taking place over the next 16 days, the festival will feature an array of beer drinkin’ and sausage eatin’ debauchery, starting with a ceremonial tapping of a Warsteiner Oktoberfest keg at noon on Saturday. The party will extend into the wee hours, including multiple bands as well as football on all day. And lots of beer.
The festival runs from September 22- October 7th, and includes other events such as:
- Music Midtown Hangover Party on Sunday, Sept. 23rd
- Brat eating contest hosted by local blogger/restaurateur/competitive eater Grace Lee
- Dog friendly Barks and Beers event, benefitting Georgia SPCA
- The Oktoberfest Olympics featuring beer belly, stein holding, and mustache contests
- A weekend-long Munich on Marietta Finale party Oct. 7th-9th
So, if you can’t make the flight over to the real thing across the pond, you can at least get your fix downtown.
September 22-October 7th, 300 Marietta St. NW, Atlanta. 404-521-2728, www.atloktoberfest.com.
- By Jon Watson, Food & More blog