A Chinese restaurant on Buford Highway saw its perfect health score drop 39 points because a cooler wasn’t keeping prepared foods at safe temperatures.
Northern China Eatery, 5141 Buford Highway, Suite C, Doraville, receive a failing score of 61 on a routine inspection Aug. 8 as some food temperatures in the reach-in cooler ranged from 46 to 56 degrees, well above the 41-degree limit.
Management was told to get the cooler fixed and its health score up, or face voluntary closure.
Elevated temperatures were recorded on cooked and raw chicken, pork, tofu and raw eggs.
In addition, mold was found on some sauce, which was discarded. Utensils for scooping rice and soup were being held in stagnant water, instead of in hot water or on a clean surface. A container of leftover chicken was not marked with a disposal date.
Northern China quickly had the cooler repaired and now “everything’s good,” manager Mei Qi said. She said the restaurant would be re-inspected. Its last two inspections netted perfect scores of 100.
In other scores, Dunkin Donuts/Baskin Robbins, 3935 Highway 29, Lilburn, pulled up its score to an 88/B during a follow-up inspection Aug. 9. The coffee shop had also experienced problems with faulty coolers.
Here are other recent inspection scores from area restaurants.
- Burger Shack, 2011 Mt. Zion Road, Morrow. 86/B
- Luella’s Café, 11353 Tara Blvd., Lovejoy. 82/B
- Mandarin Express, 1137 Southlake Mall Drive, Morrow. 85/B
- Truett’s Grill, 2042 Mt. Zion Road, Morrow. 95/A
- Vientiane Café, 6541 Highway 85, Riverdale. 97/A
- El Colorado, 2800 N.E. Expressway, Suite A, B & F, Atlanta. 100/A
- FGT Bar & Grill, 111 Perimeter Center W., Atlanta. 80/B
- Jason’s Deli, 4073 LaVista Road, Suite 310, Tucker. 91/A
- Kacey’s Home Cooking, 3925 LaVista Road, Tucker. 89/B
- Monterrey Mexican Restaurant, 5406 Buford Highway N.E., Doraville. 86/B
- Atlanta Bread Company, 401 City Circle, Peachtree City. 75/C
- El Ranchero Mexican Restaurant, 596 Crosstown Road, Peachtree City. 87/B
- Kobe Japanese Steakhouse, 2876 Highway 54 W., Peachtree City. 86/B
- Royal Chef China Bistro, 840 S. Glynn St., Suite 330, Fayetteville. 86/B
- Taco Mac, 275 Market Place Connector, Peachtree City. 88/B
- Artuzzi’s Italian Kitchen, 3070 Windward Plaza, Alpharetta. 97/A
- Clarks Colonnade Restaurant, 1879 Cheshire Bridge Road, Atlanta. 100/A
- One Midtown Kitchen, 559 Dutch Valley Road, Atlanta. 81/B
- Sushi-Huku Japanese Restaurant, 6300 Powers Ferry Road NW, Atlanta. 91/A
- Woodfire Grill, 1782 Cheshire Bridge Road N.E., Atlanta. 74/C
- Gabba, 4790 Peachtree Industrial Blvd., Berkeley Lake. 71/C
- Heavenly Desserts & Café, 2300 Liam Ave., Suite 200, Dacula. 100/A
- Johnny’s N.Y. Style Pizza, 3035 Centerville Highway, Suite 10, Snellville. 91/A
- Moe’s Southwest Grill, 4051 Highway 78, Suite 101 C, Lilburn. 99/A
- Pizza Hut, 4116 Lenora Church Road, Snellville. 91/A
– by Laura Berrios for the Food & More blog
(Commenting is closed on this post.)
– Previous reports | Search inspections by county