Nuevo Laredo Cantina in Atlanta recently received its follow-up exam after waiting about seven months for a new inspection, according to food safety reports.
The Mexican cafe, located at 1495 Chattahoochee Ave. NW, received a 72 (C) after slipping below its normal B-level standards as tighter regulations were still being implemented in Fulton County. The manager declined an on-record comment as the restaurant implements changes to rebound to its higher levels.
Fulton County’s offices of Environmental Health noted that the lengthy delay came after an unfortunate glitch.
“There was a changeover in territories early in the year, and apparently there was a lack of adequate communication between the old and new inspectors, which caused this follow-up to slip through the cracks and not be conducted,” the food safety officials wrote in an email.
During the delay, the restaurant’s score stayed listed below the mark, when restaurants normally get a chance to review citations, correct the infractions and have a follow-up within about two weeks. Unfortunately, Nuevo’s score stood at 52 (U) until another routine exam was performed this year – its new score was a 58 (U), resulting mostly from temperature-control infractions and non-food related issues that also weigh heavily on results.
Several citations, such as no hand-washing signs posted and dishes stacked in the hand sink, were related to sink inadequacies, the report showed.
“Hand sinks must be used for designated purposes only,” the inspector wrote, also advising that it is required to have a four-compartment sink as a prewash-wash-rinse-sanitize process.
Review details of Nuevo Laredo’s reports.
Here are more recent restaurant inspection scores from across the metro area.
- Cuban Diner, 1484 Roswell Road, Marietta. 99/A
- Ellianos Coffee Company, 1270 Powers Ferry Road, Marietta. 100/A
- Firehouse Subs, 1100 Johnson Ferry Road, Suite 120, Marietta. 91/A
- Folks Restaurant, 2031 Cobb Parkway S., Marietta. 83/B
- Grand Champion BBQ, 4401 Shallowford Road, Suite 168, Roswell. 100/A
- Huddle House, 430 S. Marietta Parkway, Marietta. 82/B
- Jersey Mike’s Subs, 2960 Shallowford Road, Suite 106, Marietta. 97/A
- Mazzy’s Sports Bar & Grill II, 2217 Roswell Road, Suite A-200, Marietta. 88/B
- McDonald’s, 1195 Powder Springs Road, Marietta. 99/A
- American Deli, 2984 Panola Road, Suite 300, Lithonia. 99/A
- Lucky Panda, 2079 S. Hairston Road, Suite C, Decatur. 90/A
- Ethio Star USA Restaurant, 1345 Brockett Road, Suite B, Clarkston. 80/B
- The Artisan Restaurant at Stone Mountain Village, 941 Main St., Suite C, Stone Mountain. 96/A
- News Restaurant, 4836 Flat Shoals Parkway, Decatur. 95/A
- Sweet Confessions, 6670 Memorial Drive, Suite 300, Stone Mountain. 100/A
- Taqueria La Nortena, 4166 Buford Highway, Suite 1141, Atlanta. 87/B
- Domino’s Pizza, 1686 Buford Highway, 100/A
- Pizza Hut, 670 Atlanta Road. 96/A
- Popeye’s, 985 Market Place Blvd. 98/A
- Papa John’s Pizza, 535 Canton Road. 100/A
- The Ice, 1345 Atlanta Highway, 100/A
- Jersey Boyz Pizza, 5456 Bethelview Road, Suite 109. 91/A
- Chick-Fil-A Avenues Forsyth , 430 Peachtree Parkway. 97/A
- Buckhead Diner, 3073 Piedmont Road N, Atlanta. 100/A
- China Cooks, 215 Northwood Drive, Suite 9, Atlanta. 89/B
- Corner Cafe, 3070 Piedmont Road, Atlanta. 89/B
- Crowne Plaza Bar (Library Bar), 6345 Powers Ferry Road, Atlanta. 99/A
- G.Grace Café, 5885 Glenridge Drive, Suite 400, Atlanta. 97/A
- Grand Buffet, 2625 Piedmont Road, Atlanta. 48/U
- Sai’s Bistro, 5775 Glenridge Drive, Suite D, Sandy Springs. 93/A
- Zaxby’s, 7840 Senoia Road, Fairburn. 98/A
- East Pearl Seafood Restaurant, 1810 Liddell Lane, Duluth. 95/A
- Checkers, 2336 Pleasant Hill Road, Duluth. 100/A
— by Lisa Gibson for the Food & More blog
(Commenting is closed on this post.)
– Previous reports | Search inspections by county