Are you sick of how ridiculous some of the burgers out there have become? Does the idea of a $200 burger made with Kobe beef and an array of stupidly expensive toppings make your blood boil?
If so, you aren’t alone. Enter New York’s 666 Burger’s “Douche Burger”.
For a mere $666, the NYC food truck will prepare a burger with the following fixins:
- Foie gras stuffed Kobe beef patty wrapped in gold leaf
- Gruyere cheese melted in champagne steam
- BBQ sauce made with Kopi Luwak coffee beans, which have been ingested and defacated back out by an Asian palm civet, a small cat like mammal native to Southeast Asia
- Pentagram branded bun served in a wrapper of three $100 bills that you keep when you are done
Of course, this burger is more of a joke than anything else. Owner Franz Aliquo created the monstrosity as a satirical jab at all of the other totally unnecessary “status” burgers out there, like the $295 Serendipity Burger or Hubert Keller’s $5,000 “Fleurburger” in Las Vegas. The real draw is to get folks to come to the truck just to see or discuss the D-burger, and then actually purchase one of their $6.66 burgers they usually sell.
Of course, as Aliquo tells Bloomberg Businessweek, if someone wants to come up and actually buy the $666 burger, “I’ll tell you that you’re an a-hole, but I’m still going to take your money.”
- By Jon Watson, Food & More blog