Restaurant inspections, Thaicoon & Sushi Bar
After years of maintaining high-level food safety standards, Thaicoon & Sushi Bar in Marietta recently suffered a drop into the failing range, according to reports. It was asked to voluntarily close until the kitchen was thoroughly cleaned.
Two days later, the report showed, Thaicoon scored an 85 (B) on the follow-up exam.
During the routine inspection Thaicoon was cited for temperature control, storage and sanitary infractions. The inspector noted that the wiping cloths were stored in sanitation solution that was well above the concentration standards.
According to the routine inspection report, several types of food items held at improper temperatures were discarded. Some of those items included meats on the sushi bar.
The inspector also observed rodent droppings in several areas of the kitchen and on canned goods. Meanwhile, the restaurant was advised to step up pest-control treatment, the report showed. In reference to corrective actions that were implemented, the manager was unavailable for comment.
Here are other recent inspection scores from restaurants across the area.
- Asahi Japanese Steak & Sushi, 2960 Shallowford Road, Suite C 9-11, Marietta. 76/C
- Baldinos Giant Jersey Subs, 80 Powers Ferry Road, Suite 103, Marietta. 94/A
- Domino’s Pizza, 3545 Canton Road, Marietta. 100/A
- El Rodeo Mexican Restaurant, 2719 Canton Road, Marietta. 99/A
- Five Guys Burgers & Fries, 1757 East-West Connector, Austell. 100/A
- Gardens of Magnolia Trails, 1418 Spring St., Smyrna. 100/A
- Hong Kong Star, 557 S. Marietta Parkway, Marietta. 72/C
- International House of Pancakes, 2530 Cobb Parkway, Smyrna . 73/C
- Island Blend Market & Cafe, 316 Fairground St. SE, Marietta. 98/A
- Johnny New York Pizza, 1435 Highlands Ridge Road, Suite A, Smyrna. 96/A
- Las Nemas Mex Grill, 786 Sandtown Road, Marietta. 85/B
- Cavern Lounge, 1035 N. Highland Ave. NE, Atlanta. 95/A
- El Azteca, 1784 Peachtree St., Atlanta. 62/U
- Jamal’s Buffalo Wings, 10 Northside Drive, Atlanta. 78/C
- Johnny Rockets, 50 Upper Alabama St., Suite 130, Atlanta. 68/U
- Lucky China Wings & Subs, 455 North Ave. NE, Suite D, Atlanta. 56/U
- Mcdonald’s, 526 Ponce De Leon Ave., Atlanta. 87/B
- Park Tavern (Upstairs), 500 Tenth St. NE, Atlanta. 86/B
- Park Tavern Brewery and Restaurant, 500 Tenth St. Ne, Atlanta. 50/U
- Subway, 50 Alabama St., Space 162, Atlanta. 88/B
- Tony’s Sport Bar Grill, 8610 Roswell Road, Sandy Springs. 94/A
- Subway, 1124 Lawrenceville Highway, Suite 304, Lawrenceville. 96/A
- Great Wraps, 2100 Pleasant Hill Road, Suite 322, Duluth. 99/A
- Rays New York Pizza and Wings, 2100 Pleasant Hill Road, Duluth. 96/A
— by Lisa Gibson for the Food & More blog
(Commenting is closed on this post.)
– Previous reports | Search inspections by county