Members of the Atlanta restaurant and public relations community are coming together this Friday to help raise money for a good cause.
Elise Tedeschi, the 43 year-old regional marketing manager for the Hard Rock Café and mother of two, received the harrowing diagnosis in January of stage three pancreatic cancer. She just completed her twelfth round of chemo, which everyone hopes will be her last, and her aggressive treatment has left the family facing extensive costs that go beyond insurance benefits and deductibles.
During her career in restaurant PR, Tedeschi earned the reputation of one of the most respected experts in the city, representing the likes of Bacchanalia, Floataway Cafe, Pura Vida Tapas, Canoe, Murphy’s, Richard Blais, and Anne Quatrano. Now, friends and peers in the industry are throwing the Feel The Love Elise benefit this Friday to help raise money for the Tedeschi family to put towards her treatment.
The doors open this Friday, June 29th at 7 p.m. at the Hard Rock Café’s Velvet Underground, and includes a silent auction and performances from Aidan Cares, Thade Cole, Paul Roub, Jordan Hornaday, Oscar Melis, Your Uncle Henry and The Cumberland Collective.
Here is just a small sample of some of the items donated for the silent auction:
- Dinner for 6 with Wine Pairings by Century House Tavern’s Chef Richard Wilt Prepared in a Private Home.
- Dinner for 18 in the Bacchanalia Private Dining Room prepared by renowned Atlanta Chef Anne Quatrano and paired with wines from Clifford Harrison’s personal wine cellar/
- A Table for 6 at any Live Nation Show at Chastain.
- 2 VIP tickets to Taste of Atlanta on Sunday, Oct. 7th.
- Dinner for 10 at TWO urban licks with Wine Pairings.
By Jon Watson, Food and More blog