Restaurant inspections, Dunwoody Bistro
Dunwoody Bistro, which has scored in the A-B-C range over the last three years, recently fell below satisfactory food safety levels. The restaurant, located at 2482 Jett Ferry Road, Suite 650, received a 44 (U), according to inspection reports.
Although a number of the violations were corrected at the time of the inspection, a host of them were not, including some that were related to inaccurate storage of cleaning products, serving plates and food items, the report showed.
“Chemical spray bottle in bar area stored with clean plates. Spray bottle moved. Chemicals in rear of kitchen were stored with Bisquick. Food items and chemicals were separated,” the inspector wrote, advising that chemicals must be stored away from food and contact surfaces to prevent contamination.
Dunwoody Bistro was also cited for a list of procedural items, such as not washing hands after eating and touching trash. The employee was advised that hands must be washed after doing anything and before putting on gloves, the report showed.
The eatery was also cited for not having a food safety manager with current certification.
The owner declined an on-record comment about corrective actions implemented to maintain higher food safety standards. A follow-up exam is scheduled for July 3, the report showed.
Here are more recent restaurant inspection scores from across the metro area.
- China Cafe Waikiki, 373 Ga. 138 Riverdale. 74/C
- Nostalgia Tasty Seafood & More, 555 Ga. 138 Sw, Suite B, Riverdale. 88/B
- Teppanyaki Grill & Supreme Buffet, 6429 Tara Blvd., Suite 27, Jonesboro. 93/A
- New China Restaurant, 3330 Cobb Parkway, Suite 9, Acworth. 82/B
- O’charley’s, 705 Townpark Lane, Kennesaw. 88/B
- Parkwood Cafe, 1300 Parkwood Circle, Atlanta. 67/U
- Pasta Bella, 3696 Austell Road, Marietta. 94/A
- Pizza Man Express, 2986 Johnson Ferry Road, Suite 100, Marietta. 87/B
- Rancho Grande, 1199 Bells Ferry Road, Marietta. 85/B
- Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse, 620 Chastain Road, Kennesaw. 100/A
- China Buffet, 2887 N. Decatur Road, Suite A&B, Decatur. 80/B
- Valenza Restaurant, 1441 Dresden Drive, Suite 100, Atlanta. 90/A
- Erbert & Gerbert’s Sandwich Shop, 2752 E. Ponce De Leon Ave., Decatur. 86/B
- Kathmandu Kitchen & Grill, 926 Montreal Road, Suite 11, Clarkston. 87/B
- The Market Deli, 2929 Turner Hill Road, Suite 2953, Lithonia. 100/A
- Vintage Pizza, 5434 Peachtree Road, Suite 101, Chamblee. 88/B
- Jimmy John’s, 335 West Ponce de Leon Ave., Suite A, Decatur. 91/A
- Great Wraps, 2929 Turner Hill Road, Suite 2540, Lithonia. 96/A
- Chic-A-Loes, 2879 East Point St., East Point. 90/A
- Fresh To Order, 3344 Peachtree Road, Suite 300, Atlanta. 70/C
- M’s Grill, 2188 N. Point Circle, Alpharetta. 73/C
- McDonald’s, 35 Forsyth St., Atlanta. 100/A
- Papa John’s Pizza, 206 Johnson Ferry, Unit C, Atlanta. 96/A
- S And S Cafeteria, 2002 Campbellton Road, Atlanta. 62/U
- Dream Wing Iii, 490 Pleasant Hill Road, Suite D, Lilburn. 87/B
- Frontera Mex-Mex Grill, 5074 U.S. 78, Stone Mountain. 92/A
- J & J Jamaican Restaurant, 5210 U.S. 78, Suite A, Stone Mountain. 49/U
- Chili’s Southwest Grill & Bar, 4031 U.S. 78, Lilburn. 93/A
— by Lisa Gibson for the Food & More blog
(Commenting is closed on this post.)
– Previous reports | Search inspections by county