Restaurant inspections, Village Cafe
Village Cafe in Fayetteville recently rebounded to an A level after dipping below its normal high-level food safety results, according to a May 23 follow-up report.
The restaurant, located at 1240 Ga. 54 W, Suite 200, corrected all of the violations except one. It was related to storage of wiping cloths, the report showed.
“All wiping cloths must be store completely submerged in sanitizer of the proper concentration between uses,” the inspector noted.
The other citation involved an issue with hot water lacking at the bar hand sink.
Manager Oscar Avina said the hot water issue was repaired. He also said previously that all of the workers were retrained on proper procedures.
Although a C grade requires an informal re-inspection, Village Cafe requested a formal one so its performance could be officially noted, the manager explained. Its new grade is a 94 (A).
An informal re-inspection is performed free of charge to ensure the violations have been corrected, but a new grade is not officially recorded. When a restaurant requests a formal re-inspection, a new grade is posted – whether or not the grade improves – and a fee is charged.
Here are other recent inspection scores from restaurants across the area.
- Taco Mac, 9020 Ga. 92, Suite 100, Woodstock. 86/B
- Tacos & Beer, 5335 Old Ga. 5, Woodstock. 95/A
- Dogfather’s, 2769 Chastain Meadows Parkway, Suite 60, Marietta. 99/A
- Fuji Hana, 2606 George Busbee Parkway, Kennesaw. 100/A
- Jay’s Sports Bar & Lounge, 4808 Redan Road, Suite B, Stone Mountian 92/A
- Wendy’s (Northlake Mall), 4800 Briarcliff Road, Suite 1108, Atlanta 96/A
- Hong Kong City, 4819 Rockbridge Road, Suite 9, Stone Mountain. 70/C
- Boston Market, 4754 Redan Road, Stone Mountain. 93/A
- Little Caesars, 7245 Rockbridge Road, Lithonia. 100/A
- Cafe Alsace, 121 East Ponce de Leon Ave., Decatur. 90/A
- Sonic Restaurants Inc. of Tyrone, 64 Carriage Oak Drive, Tyrone. 90/A
- Tyrone’s Box Car Cafe, 865 Senoia Road, Suite F, Tyrone. 80/B
- Fuji Express, 1 CNN Center, Atlanta. 84/ B
- Ichaban, 5306 Windward Parkway, Suite A, Alpharetta. 95/A
- LT’s Wings, 1160 Fairburn Road, Atlanta. 91/A
- Macaroni Grill, 5045 Windward Parkway, Alpharetta. 94/A
- Quickly, 9700 Medlock Bridge Road, Suite 136, Johns Creek. 100/A
- Xian, 5316-A Windward Parkway, Alpharetta. 75/C
- Chick-Fil-A At Sugarloaf Corporate Center, 2020 Satellite Blvd., Duluth. 98/A
- Footprints Cafe, 706 Grayson Highway, Suite 301, Lawrenceville. 80/B
- BB’s Wings To Go, 2505 Old Norcross Road #B, Lawrenceville. 87/B
- Cooper Corner Bar & Grill, 1111 Athens Highway, Grayson. 91/A
- Monterrey Mexican Restaurant, 910 Athens Highway Suite S&T, Loganville. 84/B
- Grand China Restaurant, 910 Athens Highway, Suite 6, Loganville. 97/A
- Huddle House, 3887 Centerville Rosebud Road, Snellville. 95/A
- Sabores Del Plata, 6200 Buford Highway, Suite 1-G, Norcross. 82/B
- Wendy’s Old Fashioned Hamburgers, 4234 Ga. 29, Lilburn. 97/A
- Dillards BBQ & Biscuits, #2 Buford Highway, Suwanee. 90/A
- Gourmandises, 686 Peachtree Industrial Blvd., Suite 200, Suwanee. 90/A
- Pearls Garden BBQ, 45 Satellite Blvd., Suite 3-B&C, Suwanee. 87/A
— by Lisa Gibson for the Food & More blog
(Commenting is closed on this post.)
– Previous reports | Search inspections by county