Restaurant inspections, wiping cloth requirements
Various restaurants, from the upscale ones to the deli type and wings spots, face food safety citations related to wiping cloths and sanitizing solution. This issue was punctuated when a reader inquired about the state’s requirements.
“Could you tell me what the restaurants use to disinfect the cloths they wipe tables and counters with? I gather they have a “soaking tub” or something. I see table clearers wipe tables, take their dirty dish container to the next table, clear another table, then wipe that table, etc. I’ve also seen behind-the-counter workers wipe spills off a customer’s cup with the suspect cloth, then hand the customer the cup,” wrote Peggy Rodway of Marietta.
When restaurants fall short in this area, inspectors advise the managers on proper procedures. Also, Georgia’s food safety guidelines are clear on this subject:
** Cloths in-use for wiping food spills from tableware and carry-out containers that occur as food is being served shall be maintained dry and used for no other purpose.
** Cloths in-use for wiping counters and other equipment surfaces shall be held between uses in a chemical sanitizer solution at a concentration specified. …
** Cloths in-use for wiping surfaces in contact with raw animal foods shall be kept
separate from cloths used for other purposes.
** Dry wiping cloths and the chemical sanitizing solutions in which wet wiping cloths are held between uses shall be free of food debris and visible soil.
- Fuji Hana, 2606 George Busbee Parkway, Kennesaw. 100/A
- Jack’s New Yorker Deli, 168 Roswell St., Marietta. 100/A
- Mocha Delites, 2470 Windy Hill Road, Suite 148, Marietta. 100/A
- Panera Bread, 4475 Roswell Road, Suite 1530, Marietta. 97/A
- Roy’s Cheesesteaks, 2900 Highlands Parkway, Suite 1, Smyrna. 87/B
- Viva Mexico Restaurant, 1115 Powder Springs Road, Suite S, Marietta. 87/B
- Baroni Casual Italian, 1745 Peachtree St., Suite H, Atlanta. 100/A
- Black Bear Tavern, 1931 Peachtree Road, Atlanta. 96/A
- Burger Joy Bbq Wings & Grill, 371 Blvd. SE, Suite 3-A, Atlanta. 96/A
- Carisoul Cuisine, 2025 Peachtree Road NE, Atlanta. 94/A
- Dulce Chocolat, 3960 Old Milton Parkway, Suite 200, Alpharetta. 99/A
- Durango Steakhouse Bar, 230 Peachtree St. NW, Suite 150, Atlanta. 95/A
- Durango Steakhouse Restaurant, 230 Peachtree St. NW, Suite 150, Atlanta. 80/B
- Gino’s Brooklyn Pizza, 2025 Peachtree St., Atlanta. 99/A
- Kevin Rathbun Steak Llc, 154 Krog St., Suite 200, Atlanta. 90/A
- Oriental Delight, 2025 Peachtree Road, Atlanta. 98/A
- Six Feet Under Pub And Fish House, 437 Memorial Drive SE, Atlanta. 96/A
- The Hungry Peach, 351 Peachtree Hills Ave., Atlanta. 91/A
- Simply Thai Corner, 6365 Spalding Drive, Suite A, Norcross. 93/A
- Pinokio At Assi Plaza Food Court, 1291 Old Peachtree Road, Building 300, Suite B6, Suwanee. 84/B
- Saigon Flavors Asian Cuisine, 3200 Woodward Crossing Blvd., Buford. 97/A
- Green Tomato, 256 Gwinnett Drive, Lawrenceville. 99/A
- Los Arcos Mexican Restaurant, 860 Duluth Highway, Suite 1210, Lawrenceville. 87/B
- HMS Host-Popeye’s Chicken, 5900 Sugarloaf Parkway, Lawrenceville. 100/A
— by Lisa Gibson for the Food & More blog
(Commenting is closed on this post.)
– Previous reports | Search inspections by county