During a recent food safety inspection visit, a broken hot-water tank played a role in a poor score for Tin Drum Asia Cafe in Dunwoody, the owner and manager said.
The restaurant at 4530 Olde Perimeter Way, Suite 200, dipped below its normal A-B scores for the first time in the last three years, scoring a 75 (C), according to food safety reports.
Darryl Lewis, owner and manager, said the water heater broke the night before the exam. He also noted that the repair was under way during the inspector’s visit.
“The repair was complete about 15 minutes after the inspector left,” Lewis said.
Of the six violations written, three were related to the water tank issue, the report showed. The inspector, for example, advised the person in charge that “employees shall wash hands with warm water.” The restaurant was also asked to keep the facility closed until the repair was complete, the report showed.
Other citations included temperatures controls and placement of dispensing utensils – both were corrected at the time of the visit.
Lewis said the time of the breakdown was unfortunate, emphasizing the restaurant’s seriousness about food safety guidelines and the eatery’s previous high-level scores.
Here are more recent restaurant inspection scores from across the metro area.
- Subway, 2695 Chastain Meadows Parkway, Marietta. 100/A
- Sunny’s Bagels & Deli, 440 Ernest Barrett Parkway, Kennesaw. 100/A
- Taco Bell, 2971 Shallowford Road, Marietta. 100/A
- Taco T, 1065 Windy Hill Road, Smyrna. 95/A
- Tassa Authentic Caribbean Cuisine, 224 Powers Ferry Road, Marietta. 96/A
- This Is It, 2776 Cumberland Blvd., Smyrna. 97/A
- Tijuana Joe’s Catina, 690 Johnson Ferry Road, Marietta. 84/B
- Wendy’s Of Georgia, 2957 North Druid Hills Road, Atlanta. 96/A
- Dreek, 1540 Cedar Grove Road, Suite A, Conley. 91/A
- Wok On Roll, 1353 -J Brockett Road, Clarkston. 76/C
- Zaxby’s, 4805 Flat Shoals Parkway, Decatur. 87/B
- Villa Fresh Italian Kitchen, 4400 Ashford Dunwoody Road, Suite 1658, Atlanta. 85
- Banquet Kitchen, 255 Courtland St Atlanta. 95/A
- Blimpie’s, 6330 Powers Ferry Road, Atlanta. 96/A
- Gibney’s Pubs, 231 Peachtree Center Ave., Atlanta. 85/B
- Gladys Knight & Ron Winans Chicken & Waffles, 529 Peachtree St., Atlanta. 88/B
- Palomilla’s Grill Inc., 11030 Medlock Bridge Road, Suite 210, Johns Creek. 100/A
- Starbucks, 1801 Howell Mill Road, Atlanta. 99/A
- Yeah! Burger, 1017 North Highland Ave., Atlanta. 89/B
- Rajbhog Cafe, 1500 Pleasant Hill Road, Suite 102, Duluth. 84/B
- Taqueria Vallarta, 1500 Pleasant Hill Road, Suite 109, Duluth. 91/A
- Boston Market, 4215 Pleasant Hill Road, Duluth. 95/A
- The Derby, 5915 Suwanee Dam Road, Buford. 77/C
- Oceania Seafood, 5456 Jimmy Carter Blvd., Suite 120, Norcross. 95/A
- King Dragon, 4650 Jimmy Carter Blvd., Norcross. 100/A
- Haveli Indian Cuisine, 1480 Beaver Ruin Road, Suite A, Norcross. 73/C
- Happy Cup, 5495 Jimmy Carter Blvd., Suite F-118A, Norcross. 92/A
— by Lisa Gibson for the Food & More blog
(Commenting is closed on this post.)
– Previous reports | Search inspections by county