Restaurant Inspections, Southside Wings
Southside Wings in College Park recently rebounded to a 90(A) after dropping to a 56(U) this month – a pattern observed since October 2010, according to food safety reports.
Southside Wings’ infractions include several repeat violations and a host of new ones. While the repeat violations weigh heavily on its score, they also fall into the “foodborne illness risk factors and public health interventions” category established under the Georgia Department of Public Health regulations.
The repeat violations include “leftover food and meats not in original packages with no date marking,” “raw meats in food storage bags (chicken and shrimp) with no labels” and “dirty food container lids and packaging (food encrusted on lids and flour package),” the inspector wrote.
Other citations included temperature-control inadequacies, date-marking infractions and cleanliness issues, such as “wiping cloths stored in dirty sanitizing water and bucket,” according to the report. The manager was unavailable for comment.
Southside Wings’ up-and-down food safety inspections history is as follows:
- Jan. 11: 90/A
- Jan. 9: 56/U
- June 22, 2011: 88/B
- June 20: 62/U
- Dec. 22, 2010: 87/B
- Dec. 13: 63/U
- Oct. 13: 100/A
Here are other recent inspection scores from restaurants across the area.
- Kani House, 2455 Towne Lake Parkway, Suite 110, Woodstock. 81/B
- Ryan’s Grill, Buffet & Bakery, 150 Keith Drive, Canton. 89/B
- Taqueria Oaxaquena, 180 Riverstone Parkway, Unit 2, Suite 140, Canton. 89/B
- Captain D’s, 3856 Austell Road Sw, Marietta. 87/B
- China Palace, 1869 Cobb Parkway, Suite 100, Marietta. 81/B
- Campuscafe, 3251 Panthersville Road, Decatur. 81/B
- Chick-Fil-A, 3967 Lavista Road, Tucker. 98/A
- Barlow’s Bar & Grill, 2845 Mountain Industrial Blvd., Tucker. 91/A
- Cheeseburger Bobby’s, 3630 Peachtree Parkway, Suite. 500, 92/A
- Atlanta Bread Company, 908 Buford Highway, 90/A
- Chick-Fil-A, 430 Peachtree Parkway, 97/A
- Shirley’s Concessions, 1285 Valley Circle Drive, 97/A
- Sweet Tomatoes, 950 North Point Drive, Alpharetta. 98/A
- China King, 3030 Headland Drive, Suite 200, Atlanta. 83/B
- Chops Jr., One Philips Drive, Atlanta. 96/A
- City Limit Café, 280 Connally St. Atlanta. 96/A
- Johnnys N.Y. Style Pizza, 3035 Centerville Highway, Suite 10, Snellville. 84/B
- Panda Garden, 2750 Buford Highway, Suite 2-C, Duluth. 90/A
- Bob’s Home Cooking, 3455 Peachtree Industrial Blvd., Duluth. 86/B
- China Wok, 1791 Rock Quarry Road, Stockbridge. 89/B
- Marble Slab Creameary, 2011 Jonesboro Road, McDonough. 98/A
- Waffle House, 1305 Ga. 20, West McDonough. 83/B
— by Lisa Gibson for the Food & More blog
(Commenting is closed on this post.)
– Previous reports | Search inspections by county