About one month ago, Koji Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar opened in Locust Grove. Now, it’s awaiting a follow-up inspection after receiving a 45 (U) on a routine food safety evaluation.
Koji’s manager, Ricky Liu, said all of the violations cited Jan. 5 have been corrected. He said that the staff has been retrained and will receive regularly training sessions, so employees will consistently adhere to food safety standards.
The corrective actions for the restaurant at 4938 Bill Gardner Parkway come after the inspector wrote, “there is a pattern of noncompliance,” noting that the person in charge must ensure that employees are following the guidelines of the Georgia food safety regulations.
While some items, such as those related to temperature controls, were corrected on site, others were repeat offenses, according to the report. Repeat violations are noted as double-point deductions.
According to the report, other items that Koji was cited for include:
– An employee was touching food at the sushi bar with bare hands.
– Improper hand-washing procedures.
– Substandard sanitizing process.
– Storing food items on the floor.
Liu said the restaurant looks forward to a higher score on follow-up exam. He said it could come within days.
Here are other recent inspection scores from restaurants across the area.
- El Jinete, 12910 Ga. 92, Suite 104, Woodstock. 87/B
- La Parrilla, 1065 Buckhead Crossing, Woodstock. 89/B
- J.D.’S Bar-B-Que, 6557 Bells Ferry Road, Woodstock. 85/B
- Muilan Restaurant, 130 Prominence Point Parkway, Suite 140, Canton. 86/B
- McDonald’s, 12156 Ga. 92, Suite 102, Woodstock. 87/B
- Philly Connection, 1426 Towne Lake Parkway, Suite 104, Woodstock. 82/B
- Burger King, 2716 Sandy Plains Road, Marietta. 100/A
- C&S Seafood & Oyster Bar, 3300 Cobb Parkway, Suite 3240, Atlanta. 77/C
- Doc’s Food & Spirits, 2621 Cumberland Blvd., Smyrna. 83/B
- House of Chan, 2469 Cobb Parkway, Smyrna. 94/A
- La Paz, 2950 New Paces Ferry Road, Atlanta. 90/A
- Tokyo Japanese Restaurant, 3450 Cobb Parkway, Suite 210, Acworth. 87/B
- Otter’s Chicken, 3625 Dallas Highway, Suite 690, Marietta. 96/A
- Yakitori Jinbei Restaurant, 2421 Cobb Parkway, Smyrna. 86/B
- Boneheads Seafood, 4511 Old Perimeter Way, Suite 100, Atlanta. 93/A
- Wendy’s, 6156 Covington Highway, Lithonia. 91/A
- Pho 96, 5000 Buford Highway, Suite C, Chamblee. 72/C
- Matthew’s Cafeteria, 2299 Main St., Tucker. 88/B
- Doc Green’s Gourmet Salads, 4511 Olde Perimeter Way, Suite 800, Atlanta. 98/A
- Subway, 2801 Candler Road, Suite 122, Decatur. 85/B
- Cici’s Pizza, 655 Atlanta Road, Cumming. 95/A
- Wendy’s, 300 Tri-County Plaza, Cumming. 100/A
- Rio Balsas Taqueria, 1495 Dahlonega Highway, Cumming. 100/A
- Yuan Li Chinese, 5110 Browns Bridge Road, Cumming. 95/A
- Lucci’s Little Italy, 1240 Buford Highway, Suite 140, Cumming. 100/A
- International House of Pancakes, 920 Market Place Blvd., Cumming. 98/A
- Burger King Restaurant, 445 Grayson Highway, Lawrenceville. 99/A
- Little Caesars Pizza, 1124 Lawrenceville Highway, Suite 305, Lawrenceville. 97/A
- McDonald’s, 1650 Indian Trail-Lilburn Road, Norcross. 100/A
- Cici’s Pizza, 1825 Rockbridge Road, Suite 11d, Stone Mountain. 89/B
- McDonald’s, 801 Ga. 81 E, McDonough. 88/B
- Pedro’s Locust Grove, 656 Peeksville Road, Locust Grove. 100/A
- Red Orchid Thai Cuisine, 386 Ga. 155, McDonough. 80/B
- McDonald’s, 4850 Bill Gardner Parkway, Locust Grove. 91/A
— by Lisa Gibson for the Food & More blog
(Commenting is closed on this post.)
– Previous reports | Search inspections by county