11:08 am April 4, 2012, by David Markiewicz
What some people will do for Masters tickets, huh?
No, we’re not just talking about laying out hundreds, even thousands of dollars for badges to the world’s greatest golf tournament, taking place this week in Augusta.
We’re talking about feeding your dog hydrogen peroxide, so that it will barf up the four tickets to today’s Par 3 contest that it ate, so that you can gain admission to the land of dogwoods and azaleas.
Crazy? Maybe. But that’s what Russ Berkman of Seattle did. Shocked and dismayed when he discovered the strings, and only the strings, to his four Masters badges on the floor, but not the tickets themselves, he fingered his pet as the likely culprit.
So, he induced the dog to vomit by feeding it hydrogen peroxide (which supposedly is safe for dogs). The pet responded according to plan, and Berkman had his tickets back, albeit chewed up and lying in a pool of dog puke.
That didn’t stop golf fan Berkman who waded through the mess and reassembled the tickets in the hope of fulfilling his pilgrimage.
In the end, he succeeded. Masters officials took pity when they heard Berkman’s story and replaced his tickets. His trip was back on schedule.
The story from Seattle sports radio station KJR, along with some interesting photos, can be found here.
Get inside Atlanta's and national business news and how it affects you.
Vacation stops, manage subscriptions and more