Mexican president insults U.S., Congress cheers

When Winston Churchill, then Prime Minister of Great Britain, addressed a joint gathering of the United States Senate and House of Representatives less than three weeks after the attack on Pearl Harbor, it was a speech delivered at the right time, in the right place, to the right people.  It helped strengthen and define Allied resolve for the looming battles against Nazi Germany and the Japanese Empire. 

Yet, among the many speeches delivered over the decades by foreign heads of state to the Congress of the United States, Churchill’s December 26, 1941 address was the exception to the rule.  Most foreign leaders who are afforded this honor deliver largely forgettable lectures about how wonderful are the ties between their nations and ours; and often in support of receiving financial or military support from Washington.

Few foreign leaders, however, possess the audacity exhibited earlier this month by Mexico’s President Felipe Calderon when he spoke to the House and Senate in joint session.  In his speech, Calderon as much as blamed the tide of extreme violence sweeping Mexico in recent months on the United States.  Calderon specifically singled out our government’s failure to reinstate the Clinton-era gun ban, which expired in 2004, as a major reason why some 23,000 citizens of his country have died as a result of drug-fueled violence since he became president in 2006.

In criticizing what he clearly viewed as a legislative “failing” of the Congress to pass gun-control legislation, Calderon crossed a line normally not breached by visiting heads of state – at least publicly.  Foreign leaders generally are more sensitive to the protocol that you don’t openly meddle in another nation’s domestic political agenda. 

The administration of President Obama may have urged Calderon to step into this fray as its surrogate; having correctly concluded that openly pushing the gun-control agenda this cycle would likely hurt not help Democratic candidates for Congress. 

Calderon added insult to injury, when he offered as evidence of America’s complicity in Mexico’s rampant drug-cartel fueled violence, the fact that “more than 80 percent of [guns and assault weapons seized in Mexico] came from the United States.”  In reality, this “fact” is not a fact at all, but rather a figure demonstrably proved to be false.  The “80%” figure (often boosted to as much as 90%) surfaced early in 2009, and was initially cited without challenge by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA), officials at ATF (the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives), and media personalities.

These bloated figures — offered as “proof” that lack of sufficient gun control in the US was fueling drug-cartel violence in Mexico – subsequently were shown to be completely false.  The vast majority of  firearms fueling Mexico’s violence were never able to be “traced” in the first place; and of those that were, they were shown largely to have entered Mexico’s burgeoning black market not from the US but from China, Russian organized crime groups, Spain, Israel, guerrilla groups in Colombia, and elsewhere.  The Mexican military, itself rife with corruption, is another source of purloined armaments for the drug cartel; though, of course, Calderon failed to mention this.

Thus, we witnessed a foreign leader accept an invitation to address a joint meeting of the United States Congress, and then criticize that body for not passing particular domestic legislation based on false and discredited data.  One might have hoped that such audacity would have elicited if not a “boo,” at least a raised eyebrow from the congressional audience.  National pride might have drawn at least stony silence.  Instead, the Democratic majority – or at least most of them – actually stood and applauded the insults delivered by Calderon.  They might as well have stood and said, “thank you, Señor; may we have another, Señor.”  How do you say “spineless” in Spanish?

155 comments Add your comment

Michael H. Smith

May 31st, 2010
6:51 am

Calderon crossed many lines Mr. Barr, though none was as greatly offensive and disrespectful as when he, as a foreign national, elected by no one in this country condemned Americans for their defense of our rights as a sovereign people take make our own laws and demand that ALL, not only ourselves, respect and obey everyone of those laws. Calderon’s disrespectful disdain for American sovereignty is unforgivable. As many know I have no patients for anyone who seeks to erase or diminish in any degree the sovereignty of our nation, as Libertarians who are my fellow countrymen do often test my tolerance on this issue in their advocacy for “Open Borders”. However, to have Democrats in Congress stand and applaud Calderon’s disrespectful disdain for American sovereignty goes beyond the pale of unforgivable, in my opinion it is Un-American.

How do you say “spineless” in Spanish?

If I said anything to Calderon in Spanish, “spineless” would be consider a compliment among the words I’d use.

What I have to say to these Ameriphobe Democrats is in English: Delta is ready when you are!

Karl Marx

May 31st, 2010
6:54 am

Democrats in congress stood and applauded as Calderon insulted our country. I will never vote for a Democrat for as long as I live. This sealed the deal. IF your a democrat be gone…..

Kate

May 31st, 2010
7:06 am

Thank you, Mr. Barr.

Incidentally, to answer your (likely rhetorical) question because I happen to think the translation is rather ironic: “Spineless” in Spanish would be “sin carácter.”

[...] writes today about the insult to our nation leveled by Mexican President Felipe Calderon when he dared to [...]

nelsonhoward

May 31st, 2010
8:05 am

In 2007-2008 29,000 firearms were recovered at crime scenes in Mexico. Of those 11,000 were sent to ATF for tracing. Of those, only 6000 could be traced, approximately 5000 could be traced to the U.S, or 83%. However, that 5000 is only 17% of the total number found at Mexican crime scenes.
Sooooo, where do they come from? During the past 6 years 150,000 soldiers have deserted the Mexican Army, most of which took their military issued guns with them.

As for abroad, the weapons come from former Soviet block countries, Spain and Isreal and these weapons are primarily Shoulder held rocket launchers. This weapon can do monumental damage.

To stand and applaude the Mexican President by Congress when he lays all the blame on guns coming from the U.S., that goes beyond the pale, we are in effect pandering to a foreign head of state.

Bob

May 31st, 2010
8:07 am

It reminded me of the dems during one of Bush’s state or the union addresses when Bush said Social Security would be left to fail. The democrats gave Bush his only standing ovation. Of course he did not say, left to fail, he said no reform, which is why it is now taking in less than it is paying out, failing.

neo-Carlinist

May 31st, 2010
8:08 am

speaking of news cycles, didn’ this happen like three weeks ago? who cares? if Calderon had the cajones, he would have said nothing about the guns and blamed the U.S. demand for drugs and the USA’s insipid and failed “war on drugs” for Mexico’s problems.

neo-Carlinist

May 31st, 2010
8:11 am

how are these guns getting into Mexico in the first place? if el Presidente is concerned, he needs to secure his borders. again, non-issue.

dawginDC

May 31st, 2010
8:17 am

liberalism is a mental disorder, and democrats are losers…

David Granger

May 31st, 2010
8:19 am

I wish that…immediately following the ovation our giggle-sissy Democrats gave President Calderon…someone with a little gumption had stood up and proposed that, in his honor, the U.S. adopt the EXACT same immigration laws that Mexico has.

Buzz G

May 31st, 2010
8:22 am

It is time we went to Mexico and demanded that they respect or borders and move to keep their people safe at home and drugs off our streets.

Barr's blog

May 31st, 2010
8:28 am

Calderon was badgering America over our gun laws?. Badgering? We don’t heed no stinking badgering.

Ola????

May 31st, 2010
8:31 am

80% of Calderon’s guns come from the U.S.? What percentage of drugs and illegals come to the U.S. from Mexico? If he keeps his merchandise, maybe we will keep ours! I am disgusted that anyone would applaud these remarks from this idiot. Wake up America!

Michael H. Smith

May 31st, 2010
8:33 am

We need to secure our side of the border with our own military, to heck with what the Mexicans do with their side. How about sending 120,000 instead of 1,200 Mr. Obumer?

Before some whiner says we don’t have the troops to do the job… tell ya what crybabies, put out the call in every state of this union to form and send a militia to our southern border and then you’ll see the most successful mustering of volunteer forces that has ever occurred in this country.

Americans have had their gut of unsecured borders, illegal immigration, illegal aliens and the politicians in both major political parties that comprise our Congress who refuse to enforce our laws against illegal aliens and those who hire them. If they want to pass an amnesty bill they best get one for themselves, they’re going to need it come November.

chiu

May 31st, 2010
8:37 am

I am more sad about Democrats in Congress stand and applaud Calderon’s disrespectful speech for American sovereignty than his protocol..but than again, we owed so much money to foreign country, anybody can lecture us anytime, anywhere including White House. We are no longer American the “power”, we have only Congress to blame, they betray us.

Joe B.

May 31st, 2010
8:37 am

What congress needs to be doing is pulling the army out of the wastelands in the Middle East and send them to Mexico. Most Americans have no idea how bad the situation is on our doorstep.

We should set up a puppet Mexican president, legalize Marijuana in the United States and send the army into the border cities and annihilate the Narcos.

Bob Furnad

May 31st, 2010
8:38 am

Agree with Mr. Barr’s comments but there is an error in his column. Only the President can address a “joint session” of Congress. Anyone else addresses a “joint meeting” of Congress.

Xiphosura

May 31st, 2010
8:39 am

President Calderon was on target regarding assault weapons. This was confirmed by all the egative feedback in these posted comments by Cobb County rednecks and their ilk.

The reason all the undocumented Mexicans are here is because Republican business owners hire them for little or nothing.

Shame on you, Bobb Barr and shame on Cobb County Republicans and like minded people elsewhere.

America would not function without undocumented workers.

Wet FRont

May 31st, 2010
8:47 am

what is an undocumented woeker? oh yeah that would be an illegal alien.call them what they are you liberal puke. by the way, you peek a spanny?

Sam ( The Cool 1 )

May 31st, 2010
8:48 am

Where is The CISCO KID AND PONCHO when we really need them?

John Smith

May 31st, 2010
8:48 am

Legalizing marijuana would end a majority of the drug violence. The government could tax it like cigarettes and the deficit would disappear. But no… those people who want big government out of our houses and want our freedoms back… why can’t we get high without having the bible-thumpers protest, while they sit back and drink their moonshine. Hypocrites are on both side of the aisle, hence why I turned independent and won’t vote for my old party until they try to work for me, instead of trying to turn Obama into a failure like the idiot we watched run the country into the ground over the last 8 years.

Morrus

May 31st, 2010
8:48 am

Curiously, in a supposed anti-incumbent year, most of the departing are not retiring but seeking higher office. We may recycle more than we replace. The bad news is that a frustrating 114 seats still have but one contestant. Two of them aren’t even incumbents, meaning they will affect state policy without being vetted by voters. And I have to think that we’d be better off if many had run instead for the Legislature — and cut down on the number running unopposed. Georgia’s problems are numerous. They aren’t going away. There’s too much stale thinking at the Capitol, on both sides of the aisle. New voices would be welcome.

J.B. STONER

May 31st, 2010
8:50 am

shoot the sob

A CONSERVATIVE

May 31st, 2010
8:51 am

LORDY BARR….OBAMA constantly insults America & Americans…..AJC constantly insults Georgia voters…Bookman insults America & Georgia..C. Tucker insults our intelligence every day…AJC is an insulting machine..LET THE INSULTs fly…..INSULTING is common today..

Williebee

May 31st, 2010
8:53 am

This business owner would be just fine if there were no illiegal immigrants to be hire. I have never hired one and don’t plan to.
Calderone was ungracious and hypocritical.
The democrats who endorsed his attacks on America were disgraceful.
It’s long past time to clean up the mess on the border and to bring order to our immigration policy.

Andre

May 31st, 2010
8:53 am

Ummm, our economy and JOB issue is more of a bigger problem than our borders. So, let’s not lose focus here. Remember ECONOMY, JOBS! C’mon Conservatives, don’t lose focus on the more important issue at hand. I know there are more than 5 people that responded here, that worry about finding a job and providing for their family more than worrying about our borders. Those borders have been opened wide since forever, every President has struggled with it. Hell, we had TWO Bush’s in the office, both from Texas, right next to Mexico and saw illegals everyday in Texas, and neither one did anything but execute half of the population. Alright REPEAT AFTER ME!! JOBS & ECONOMY FIX IT JOBS & ECONOMY FIX IT JOBS & ECONOMY FIX IT REMEMBER PEOPLE, YOU BEING WRAPPED UP IN THIS BORDER PATROL ISSUE, WILL DETER YOU FROM THE REAL ISSUES AT HAND. DON’T FORGET ABOUT THE GULF OIL SPILL, THAT’S PROBABLY A BIGGER THREAT ON AMERICA AND HER CITIZENS THAN THE MEXICAN BORDER RIGHT NOW.

Are you kidding me?

May 31st, 2010
8:55 am

Xiphosura, with comments like that, I can image that no one takes you seriously. Truly idotic.

Michael H. Smith

May 31st, 2010
9:02 am

Okay Andre, repeat after me please… Stay focused now…

CREATE 12 TO 20 MILLION JOBS FOR AMERICANS BY SENDING 12 TO 20 MILLION ILLEGAL ALIENS BACK HOME!

cisco

May 31st, 2010
9:02 am

America has lost its will to do anything about anything, lets just all throw up our hands and
quit trying. Our prisons are full of scum bags that don’t deserve to draw another breath,but
we have the money to keep them fed, housed,and free health care… Democrats and
Republicans alike have failed this country. They have created this hell of a mess we are
passing to our kids and grand kids, while the rest of us was working our butts off and
trying to live the right and honorable way. A pox on all of them!

Ayn Rand was right

May 31st, 2010
9:02 am

It is a horror that members of our congress would provide a standing ovation to any head of state who would insult our country. Is there anyone in office today, who realizes that we are a sovereign nation, and to openly disrespect our laws, our leaders and our people is an act of aggression to Americans? I would rather not have representation at all, than the representation we have now…from the top all the way down. It is my personal hope that someone will provide the footage of this travesty with the name of each member of congress who is standing. These “representatives” should be voted out, no questions asked.

Tony

May 31st, 2010
9:04 am

The US is gradually ceding sovereignty of our nation to foreign powers in a number of ways. The biggest and most worrisome is through the selling of our future to China in the form of the national debt.

While it is insulting to have a foreign leader stand in our seat of government and make such statements, it is also important to remember that the drug trade is fueled by our insatiable appetite for cocaine and marijuana. Legalized or not, these drugs will still enter the country illegally.

Ayn Rand was right

May 31st, 2010
9:05 am

Andre – maybe we can use the “undocumented workers” to clean up spilled oil, and let American’s go back to work.

Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

May 31st, 2010
9:06 am

The Mexican President was only doing what he had been told to do by our Glorious Administration. Check the statistics on Mexican deportation of illegals. They know you can not let illegals hang around.

tom

May 31st, 2010
9:06 am

tell you what if wants to insult us he and all the other illegals can shuffle there feet back across the border. hey ill give them a free ride just leave and dont come back

Michael H. Smith

May 31st, 2010
9:07 am

Ola????, 80% of all illegal drugs enter this country from Mexico. At least 56% (in reality the number is much higher) of all illegal aliens in this country are Mexican nationals. Another 27% are from basically three Central American countries.

Barr's blog

May 31st, 2010
9:11 am

Today, on Memorial Day, Americans are honoring those who gave their last full measure of devotion to our flag. And especially today, we don’t appreciate a badgerer like Mexico’s presidente badgering us about our laws.

We don’t heed no stinking badgerers.

Steve Tucker

May 31st, 2010
9:26 am

Our neighbors to the South of us have always suffered from pervasive stupidity. Many times I’ve been asked by an indignant Hispanic “Why don’t you learn to speak Spanish?”. Why, so I can talk to you? Americans are constantly accused of being racist. “You don’t like brown or Hispanic people!” I don’t have a problem with the way anyone looks. I don’t have problems with color, I have problems with culture. Mexico and most of the countries South of us have plenty of resources to provide their citizens with a quality of life that would keep them from wanting to sneak across our border to loot our resources. The issue is corruption. El Presidente would do well to look in his own house for the source of his problems.

Andre

May 31st, 2010
9:32 am

Oh, Micheal, did you have that same problem when the economy wasn’t bad? NO. Now that the is economy bad. You want to take their jobs from under their feet, send them packing and put in lazy American’s that didn’t want to do those jobs in the first place. You ever seen a nail salon or a laundry? How many American’s are working in there, because none want to do it. How many of those people are here legally? Probably not many, but they slip under the radar, because America puts all their energy and focus on Mexico, while other slip into the country all type of ways. Have you ever been to South Florida? I’m can assure you over half of that population is here illegally, what is America going to do about that?? And how many of them are Mexican, not many! So Like I said JOBS and ECONOMY. FIX IT! Stop worrying about the wrong crap going on, because that’s nothing but a deter from REAL ISSUES WE’RE FACING!

THE TRUTH

May 31st, 2010
9:36 am

Xiphosura

May 31st, 2010
8:39 am

President Calderon was on target regarding assault weapons. This was confirmed by all the egative feedback in these posted comments by Cobb County rednecks and their ilk.

The reason all the undocumented Mexicans are here is because Republican business owners hire them for little or nothing.

Shame on you, Bobb Barr and shame on Cobb County Republicans and like minded people elsewhere.

America would not function without undocumented workers.
DITTO!!!
Barr is just a has been who is spewing his GOP talking points to you “non educated”right wingers who can only make up your mind after,he and fox news tells you what to think!!

———————————————————————————————————
Will someone come to grips with the fact the NRA is not a “rights” organization but a marketing arm of firearms manufacturers.
Whatever the NRA might have been at one time — organizers of hunters’ safety training and co-sponsors of Ducks Unlimited or whatever… — the NRA exists today solely to promote the sale of guns.And there is nothing wrong with that and “THE TRUTH” stands by what he say’s!!
Just research and learn how to make up you own mind,wingers!!
___________________________________________________________

Michael H. Smith

May 31st, 2010
8:33 am

We need to secure our side of the border with our own military, to heck with what the Mexicans do with their side. How about sending 120,000 instead of 1,200 Mr. Obumer?

response:
This is pure comedy to me.You let a nit wit like GW do nothing,NOTHING AT ALL to curbing or protecting the border that not only mexicans but iranians,iraqis and other potential terrorists cross under the BUSH II administration,but once a lil old liberal comes into office and actually sends troops to the border he still gets criticised??

Well,if we send 120,000 down to the border now,RIGHT NOW,where will they stay?? How and where will they be housed? Where will they patrol?Do they just stand there and wait for illegals?
The right wing nuts are all about talk and never about implenting any type of plans of action..
They just do..And if it doesn’t work they somehow try to blame the media who is in love with this president,right??
And did you notice how the right winged fox news harked on the election of senate candidate Paul,and his affiliation with the gop leaning tea party,and did not say nothing about the “7 special election” losses that were held and they lost all of them??

Go research your facts wingers.AND MAKE UP YOUR OWN FREAKING MINDS!!!
_______________________________________________________________

Williebee

May 31st, 2010
8:53 am

This business owner would be just fine if there were no illiegal immigrants to be hire. I have never hired one and don’t plan to.
Calderone was ungracious and hypocritical.
The democrats who endorsed his attacks on America were disgraceful.
It’s long past time to clean up the mess on the border and to bring order to our immigration policy.
response:
maybe not to work at your place of business,naw u can’t do that,can you?
But i bet you that maria or dejesus is either cleaning your house for you lazy wife or out doing your landscaping because you can’t start a lawnmower or use the clippers!!

u right wing nuts amaze me!!

Andre

May 31st, 2010
9:42 am

Hey Michael H. Smith wasn’t it your president W BUSHY that said in early March 2004, he’s concerned about companies shifting jobs overseas, but came back later that year and said he support tax breaks for American companies sends jobs over seas. That’s the mess I’m talking about. It’s hard to undo all the crap that fool did over 8 years in 2 years. Now, let me get back to my Memorial Day activities, before the crazy’s get me upset. .

Garry Owen

May 31st, 2010
9:47 am

Mr. President – if you want to say something to the American people tell yourself. Stop using the President of Mexico and the U.N. to tell us what you are afraid to tell us! And as for Mr. Calderon – you can also control your side of the border, unless the corruption in Mexico prevents this. Also, Mr. Calderon be honost about your military and the weapons used in the drug wars!

Denise L

May 31st, 2010
9:47 am

I am “just a mother,” but these things I know: if any member of my family were threatened physically, financially, mentally, I know it is my clear and guilt-free duty to protect them. Family first. Period. I am not a bigot or right wing nut. In my extended family, there are people from Guatemala, Laos, Israel, Africa, and the Philippines. As a leader in my family though, I hope it is clear to all of them that my duty is to them, not their neighbors.
We need Leadership that puts us first. Mexico needs Leadership that puts its citizens first. We have neither. What we have is two corrupt “leaderships” siding together against its own people. Mexico shuns its poor (despite ranking #4 in the world for the number of billionaires) and America allows its workers to be laid off and replaced with virtual slave laborers.
Of course we all feel betrayed. But this is NOT about Mexican workers vs. American workers. It is about a complete failure of our leaders to forge better societies, to provide health care, education, direction and opportunity for its OWN citizens.
I don’t see a difference between Republicans or Democrats. I am waiting for a lone voice who says he/she will seal the border/ deport/and encourage Mexico to take care of its own. We cannot be the world’s safety valve or the American dream will be gone.

Tommy

May 31st, 2010
9:50 am

Mr. Barr,
It speaks volumes for your countries leader when he allows this to happen. I can’t invision President Regean allowing another leader taking podium and bashing our great country. The spinless one is Obama. What Calderone done was actually a good move on his part and the democracts. It pits the two parties againist each other over what is happening in Arizona. The man does not care about the United States just as the sitting president does not.

DB

May 31st, 2010
9:54 am

“National pride might have drawn at least stony silence.”

Not from a group of apologists led by the biggest apologist of all, President Obama.

Maretta

May 31st, 2010
9:56 am

The fact that so many people leave his country speaks of the effectiveness of the Mexican president. He should be ashamed of himself, and Mexico should figure out some way (legally — not cater to the drug cartels) to build up their country and keep their people there. Look what a terrible job the Mexicans (and natives of India) have done in their country; collectively, can they do anything to help the U.S.! We can’t let them drive our country down like theirs.

Brad

May 31st, 2010
10:11 am

What a bunch of fear-mongering boobs.

Steve

May 31st, 2010
10:13 am

Our current POTUS has traveled the world apologizing to every nation that would listen. He has allowed the leader of a notoriously corrupt country to blame us for their problems on the floor of our congressional building while members of the POTUS political party have stood and applauded. He has also lectured the members of our SCOTUS in his State of the Union address; once again, while members of his political party have stood and applauded.
I’m amazing they are not all publicly booed everyime they slither out of their holes. 100 years ago they would have been tarred, feathered, and run out of town.

Don't need a passport

May 31st, 2010
10:22 am

Gov. Brewer did what was RIGHT, and that little guy from Mexico CALLEDHERWRONG. The Dims need more dim voters, or they will not survive to rule over us.

Jim C

May 31st, 2010
10:23 am

@ Xiphosura “President Calderon was on target regarding assault weapons. This was confirmed by all the egative feedback in these posted comments by Cobb County rednecks and their ilk.”

Maybe I shouldn’t waste my time with this liberal troll , but here it goes. Cobb County rednecks? I was hoping for some feedback from some the pro-illegal immigration fringe groups(i.e. La Raza) in order to confirm Calderon’s negative statement about the United States, but instead we can rely on Xiphosura to tell us that.

Bob

May 31st, 2010
10:29 am

Thank you Mr. Barr. Shame on Calderon,Clinton and most of all Obama.Don’t apologize for me.

Matt the Brave

May 31st, 2010
10:36 am

Mr. Barr, this only goes to prove the point that many foreign leaders do not believe that the US is the 800 pound gorilla in the room anymore and that our president is weak. I’m sick of us having to bend over and take it because our President decides that we need to apologize for everything that’s ever happened in history.

Mike

May 31st, 2010
10:42 am

Wow, the mindless liberal drones are at it again on the blogs. Too bad they can’t get some actual information and education to apply to their politics. But, then if they did that they would be Republicans, wouldn’t they?

If you’re not a liberal when you’re 20 you have no heart. Nut if you’re not a conservative by the time you’re 30, you have no brain!

Tom Davis

May 31st, 2010
10:45 am

Mexico doesn’t respect the borders and sovereignty of the U.S.? Since when does the U.S. respect the borders and sovereignty of other nations? You wing nuts are the most hypocritical of all. Take your medication and go back to bed.

Alphare

May 31st, 2010
10:49 am

when a friend comes over and tells you some blind truth, that’s him being a true friend.

Mike

May 31st, 2010
10:54 am

The first thing we have to do is get back to God!! Get back to the fundamentals this country was founded on. Our (supposed) leadership needs to be held accountable for what they allow to happen. We need to secure our borders and send all illegals home no matter where they are from. We could cut unemployment drastically by emplolying more to secure our country. Use our Military to protect our country. We as Americans need to require an honest days work for an honest days pay for the politicians that we have elected to office. If they can not meet expectation then they should be gone at the next election. We need a person as our presdient who is going to have Morals, Ethics, Honesty and Integrity

Michael H. Smith

May 31st, 2010
10:54 am

Hey Andre , Bushy like your dear leader comrade Obumer is a liberal (they are both on the left side of politics). I condemned Bushy more times publically than I ever condemned Clinton about immigration and trade; and he signed NAFTA into law! - Including giving tax incentives to corporations to locate offshore!

Secondly, if all you want to talk about economically fixing is just one half side in the equation of outsourcing American jobs to foreign labor, then you really don’t have half as much to say as I have and even less answers.

In other words, speaking diplomatically, where is the other half of “your thinking” on this issue?

Dr. Pangloss

May 31st, 2010
10:57 am

As usual, Bob distorts the facts. From the GAO:

GAO, June 2009: Available evidence indicates a large proportion of the firearms fueling Mexican drug violence originated in the United States, including a growing number of increasingly lethal weapons. While it is impossible to know how many firearms are illegally trafficked into Mexico in a given year, around 87 percent of firearms seized by Mexican authorities and traced over the past 5 years originated in the United States, according to data from ATF. Around 68 percent of these firearms were manufactured in the United States, and around 19 percent were manufactured in third countries and imported into the United States before being trafficked into Mexico. According to U.S. and Mexican government officials, these firearms have been increasingly more powerful and lethal in recent years. For example, many of these firearms are high-caliber and high-powered, such as AK and AR-15 type semiautomatic rifles. Many of these firearms come from gun shops and gun shows in Southwest border states, such as Texas, California, and Arizona, according to ATF officials and trace data. U.S. and Mexican government and law enforcement officials stated most guns trafficked to Mexico are intended to support operations of Mexican DTOs [Drug Trafficking Organizations], which are also responsible for trafficking arms to Mexico.

Any way you figure it, Mexican criminals are getting way too many guns from the US.

Citation at http://www.factcheck.org/2009/06/gao-report-us-source-for-large-portion-of-mexican-crime-guns/

Alphare

May 31st, 2010
11:02 am

Mike,

it’s funny you mentioned God, and then you go on and on how to treat other forces.

That’s about the southerners, one hand is Bible, and another sword.

Did God say love is first and firstmost? did God say love can cover other sins?

If you thought Bible/Sword combination is for Muslim only, you are wrong.

Roja

May 31st, 2010
11:03 am

If Calderon wants to do something to “punish” the US, he needs to declare a Mexican boycot of the 48 contiguous states and imprison any Mexican citizen who is caught violating that boycot by entering the US, living in the US, working in the US, or purchasing anything from the US.

Alphare

May 31st, 2010
11:05 am

Mike,

it’s funny you mentioned God, and then you go on and on how to treat others with forces.

That’s about the southerners(especially the conservatives), one hand is Bible, and another sword.

Didn’t God say love is first and firstmost? didn’t God say love can cover other sins?

If you thought Bible/Sword combination is for Muslims only, you don’t know how wrong you are. I don’t think southern conservatives are not too far from those extreme Muslims, whom the southern conservatives definitely despise.

Chuy Dawg

May 31st, 2010
11:06 am

I tell you what, reading these comments is so damn sad. My reasoning for this is that the majority of the posts sound like talking points from Rush and all of Fox news. Is this really what our Republican party has turned into? I try not to use harsh language but it almost sounds like our Repubs have turned into paranoid nationalists. That is why I no longer consider myself a Repub, now I am a proud Independent.
The tea-bagging “patriots” never accept facts. The Republican bubble only listens to marching orders from “the great Americans.” It is absolutely sad. Raegan must be spinning in his grave. We had a Repub administration at the turn of the century and they did nothing about immigration, you can spin that fact all you want. Facts are facts, take them for what they are.
And all you tough guys in here posting your “tough” comments are the real funny ones. You know damn well that most of you either hire or do business with illegals on a daily basis.
My background is construction and I see it everyday. A General Contractor will pull up to a job site; and he hall all of his “NOBAMA” “STOP SOCIALISM” stickers. Next thing you know he is trying to communicate with a painter who speaks very limited english, some General Contractors even bragg to me about having to learn Spanish to be able to communicate with the illegal laborers.

I can go on and on with multiple examples.

Bottom line is that this problem goes both ways, don’t kid yourselves. All you tough guys can pull your zippers up.

FACTS ARE FACTS!!!!

And GO DAWGS

Dawg

May 31st, 2010
11:06 am

Does the word illegal conjure up any thoughts? If you are in the United States and you are here legally then you should not have a problem and if not then you need to go. After being in the law enforcement community for over twenty seven years I have problems with people crossing the border and committing crimes and then when evidence is collected there are no prints to compare. See what happens if I go to Mexico without the proper paper work and break the law.

Roja

May 31st, 2010
11:06 am

And if you want to stop the US gunn violence in Mexico, imprison anyone in Mexico who imports, smuggles, buys or uses any US guns. I have owned a gun for years and it has never loaded itself or fired on anyone by itself.

Jim C

May 31st, 2010
11:08 am

“Since when does the U.S. respect the borders and sovereignty of other nations?”
No surprise that liberals can always spew off something non-factual or some other non-sequitur in any debate over illegal immigration or U.S/Mexico relations. They never fail.
Mexico does not respect the borders and sovereignty of the U.S. Period.

Roja

May 31st, 2010
11:08 am

Rahm Emanuel probably invited Calderon to the US and most likely provided him with the speech he gave!! Rahm is H’s version of W’s Cheney!!

Dr. Pangloss

May 31st, 2010
11:12 am

Excuse me, I should have said, “As usual, Bob lies his butt off.”

Bob used to be known as the NRA’s representative to Congress. Does anybody have any idea how much money he has taken from the gun lobby?

Hillbilly Deluxe

May 31st, 2010
11:15 am

President Felipe Calderon should clean up his own backyard before he starts worrying about ours. If things were so rosey there, his people would be staying at home.

Michael H. Smith

May 31st, 2010
11:19 am

imprison any Mexican citizen who is caught violating that boycot by entering the US, living in the US, working in the US, or purchasing anything from the US.

Roja, Calderon isn’t as stupid as those who threaten boycotts against others who enforce immigration laws in this country. He is not about to forfeit $16 billion annually in remittances sent to Mexico from this country. That is nearly half of what the Mexico claims as GDP.

Unfortunately dear leader Obumer the apologist hasn’t the moxie to return a complimentary insult to Mexican sovereignty by telling the Mexican equivalent of our Congress what Mexican laws Mexico should change that we don’t like.

Chuy Dawg

May 31st, 2010
11:20 am

Dawg,

Facts are facts and you are absolutely right about your comment. What you fail to mention is how these criminals get in here in the first place. Our govmnt has practically placed a Welcome Mat in the border.
Illegal Immigration is a negative side effect that our economy has created. You know Free Markets, Supply and Demand, keep costs low and maximize profit, etc. All those fun things we learned come into play here. Greed is eating up this country. Just look at the financial meltdown and mortgage crisis.
I agree that Illegal Immigration is a serious problem, but what bothers me is when morons get on here and post comments as if immigration just suddenly became a problem. The Republican machine is simply amazing.

Chuy Dawg

May 31st, 2010
11:22 am

Dr. Pangloss,

Great post. I did not know that.

JF McNamara

May 31st, 2010
11:26 am

I’m tired of Mexico.

john

May 31st, 2010
11:29 am

Where is Joe Wilson when you need him?

My democrat immigrant grand father would have said worse then “you lie” to someone that insulted the USA like that and it would not have been safe in his district to return, because as a whole the LEGAL Irish immigrants would have kicked them in the behind for that behavior. This all goes back to using the USA as the 4th Reich and the SPD. The name changes, the tactics do not.

I can’t believe I use to be a democrat and actually voted for my local democratic quisling twice.

http://www.yankhank.com

Jim C

May 31st, 2010
11:29 am

Even with all the strict gun control laws in Mexico, they are still unable to stop the flow of firearms. What does this say about Mexican law enforcement and their judicial system?

Big Jim

May 31st, 2010
11:36 am

If Obama was pro America He would have told him to get hia ass back to his 3rd world country and take all the illegals and there dope with him. Truman or T Roosevelt would helped him with a shoe in the butt.

reason

May 31st, 2010
11:36 am

What can be said about a hot winded leader, who can’t take care of his own people, one who tells his people to break the law of another country. The fact that Mexico ignores, it’s poor and under-educated, has been going on for generations. Like most Latin countries manifesto says, No.1, is to blame the U.S. for their mistakes, or anything else. Corruption, has been part of Mexico in past, present and most likely the future. The is finger, pointing pass time not for Latin countries, but a world wide epidemic, like a bunch of little kids, blaming the other guy. Politicians comes with two faces and liars and hypocrite they are very good at wearing them. The time has come for this country to take the steps needed to fix the boarder program once and for all, and stop playing politic, and waiting for God to return to earth, then they won’t have to worry about the thousands coming here illegally every month. GET OF YOUR HORSE AND FIX THE BORDER MESS.

Lee

May 31st, 2010
11:38 am

Ah, nothing like a leader that fails miserably at handling his own country (and can’t keep his own people from trying to escape into our country) blaming us for their problems. This doesn’t surprise me.

I guess it shouldn’t surprise me that the dems cheered upon being insulted. I would choose to believe it’s because they also believe in what he said and hate America and blame America for every global problem, but I honestly believe it’s because they are too stupid to realize that they were being insulted.

stranger in a strange land

May 31st, 2010
11:39 am

Maybe Sr. Calderon insulted the US, or maybe he didn’t. The complete inanity of his comments made what he said laughable, and I’m sure he just said what he did to get the trained seal behind to stand up and do her little hand clap trick again. I’m sure eveybody, everywhere loves to see that. It’s just so cute when she does it.

GT3O

May 31st, 2010
11:41 am

Our own President doesn’t have the stones to stand up and say anything strong to the American people. All he can speak on is apologies and empty rhetoric. So he has other Presidents stand up and do the hard talk for him.

It’s a sad day in America when the Mexican President has gets to stand up in front of our “leaders”, criticize us using wrong data, and our “leaders” applaud him for it. Jesus Christ, what a mess.

Democrats are nothing but a bunch of sissy, spineless, apologists. All they know how to do is apologize. “Oh the Mexican President is not happy with us, let’s laud him with praise and surely that’ll help mend the fracture.”

They should have question his data. They should have asked him if the U.S. put up gun control, would his citizens go to the other hundreds of nations and get guns from them? Hello! Guns are freaking everywhere. China, Russia, Europe, even a s*** splat like Ethiopia has guns and a market. I’ll the bet the old Mexican President hadn’t looked that part up though, he was too busy nailing American for his problems. OMG, I can’t believe our leaders were STUPID enough to applaud it.

Trey

May 31st, 2010
11:42 am

Bob, you should run for president.

Michael H. Smith

May 31st, 2010
11:47 am

You know Free Markets, Supply and Demand, keep costs low and maximize profit, etc.

Yeah Chuy Dawg I know exactly what you are talking about and that is the reason I call Bush a liberal and the Libertarians liberals because they ignore the commerce clause intentions with their so-called free trade so-called free market open borders immigration with no limits policy agenda pursuant to a Corpocracy. Anyone who reads the commerce clause with any understanding of English knows it establishes and authorizes a regulated capitalism germane to Congressional controls that are meant to promote the general welfare of the Untied States.

The Republican machine isn’t amazing, it is all the closet Libertarians(liberals) that no Conservatives want to see that are in the GOP that astonishes me.

Ramon F Herrera

May 31st, 2010
11:54 am

I recorded and looked very carefully at the TV images. This is what I saw:

– All congressmen on the Democratic side stood up and applauded.

– About half the congressmen on the Republican side stoop up and
applauded.

http://patriot.net/~ramon/GOP-Stake.gif

Cousin Curtis

May 31st, 2010
12:01 pm

I may not agree with Mr. Calderon’s comments, but I don’t have a problem with him making his opinions known. Our heads of state have “meddled in the affairs of other nations’ domestic policies” for decades (i.e. “Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall”).
Stating his opinion is not crossing a line. Labeling it so sounds hypocritical to me.

Ramon F Herrera

May 31st, 2010
12:02 pm

Every country and individual who is affected by the actions of the USA has a right, nay a DUTY to issue their opinions about the policies of the USA.

Friends should not be afraid to criticize friends.

He who is afraid to offend is not interested in the truth.

Ramon F Herrera

May 31st, 2010
12:06 pm

Yeah, the boycott runs two ways, indeedy…

How many ways do I boycott thee?
Let me count the ways…

Arizona Los Angeles
Arizona San Francisco
Arizona Oakland
Arizona West Hollywood
Arizona Seattle
Arizona Chicago
Arizona Austin
Arizona St. Paul, MN
Arizona Milwaukee
Arizona Boulder
Arizona Boston
Arizona Springfield, MA
Arizona Worcester, MA
Arizona Brookline, MA (JFK’s birthplace)
Arizona New York City
Arizona Washington, DC

on the international side:

Arizona Mexico (and the rest of Latin America)
Arizona The UN

…and last, but not least:

Arizona Phoenix
Arizona Tucson
Arizona Flagstaff

Plus: The White House has joined The US Chamber of Commerce (I dare you to call them commies!) in asking the USSC to toss the AZ law.

Lib_hater

May 31st, 2010
12:11 pm

We should be telling the Mexican president to control his own borders. We also need to build the new wall to keep these criminals out of our country.

Ramon F Herrera

May 31st, 2010
12:12 pm

We have too many folks attempting to point bipartisan fingers. Let’s get something straight. All the institutions below have kept virtually IDENTICAL positions when it comes to illegal immigrants.

– The Reagan White House
– The Clinton White House
– The Bush White House (both of them)
– The Obama White House

So, if we feel that we need to place blame on some institution, feel free to criticize the guilty party, which is:

The United States of America

Ramon F Herrera

May 31st, 2010
12:15 pm

Correction: where I wrote “bipartisan finger” I meant “partisan fingers”.

Ramon F Herrera

May 31st, 2010
12:16 pm

We have too many folks attempting to point partisan fingers. Let’s get something straight. All the institutions below have kept virtually IDENTICAL positions when it comes to illegal immigrants.

– The Reagan White House
– The Clinton White House
– The Bush White House (both of them)
– The Obama White House

So, if we feel that we need to place blame on some institution, feel free to criticize the guilty party, which is:

The United States of America

Maretta

May 31st, 2010
12:22 pm

the Mexican president is a poor excuse for a leader. When he’s finished, he probably try and get a green card to the U.S. himself, or cross the border illegally. WHO WANTS TO LIVE IN MEXICO; NO ONE!

Ramon F Herrera

May 31st, 2010
12:22 pm

I keep on reading accusations against “liberals”, “communists”, “socialists”. To those of you I ask: Are you saying that the most potent force pushing for Comprehensive Immigration Reform and a Path to Citizenship is communist?

The sector that supports the undocumented workers is Corporate America (long live capitalism, and free enterprise!). More specifically, the US Chamber of Commerce.

When I arrived to this country I was told that the reason for its success is capitalism and free enterprise, and that the embodiment of of those traits was The US Chamber of Commerce.

Check the position of the Chamber:
“For the 111th Congress, the Chamber will:
* Continue to push for Comprehensive Immigration Reform”

http://www.uschamber.com/issues/index/immigration/default

Michael H. Smith

May 31st, 2010
12:27 pm

Hey Ramon, Presidents don’t offer opinions when they speak publically to address a foreign nation’s government, they are make policy statements.

Keep counting the boycott money Ramon, the tail don’t wag the dog; not even in Chihuahua, amigo.

Plus, I’ve been calling the U.S. Chamber of Commerce everything under the sun but children of god for a very, very, long time! The White House has been joined with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce for the past three Presidential administrations in supporting cheap foreign replacement labor, that’s old news.

Maretta

May 31st, 2010
12:28 pm

There are some people who “immigrant: to this country, who NEVER work — we give them welfare; and then they get SSI — they’ve never paid anything into the U.S. system but they get a lot of free stuff out — at my and your expense. A lot of old people come to the U.S. from other countries because they know they can get a lot of stuff in their old age even though they nor their family members have ever contributed anything to the U.S. When those old people were young, they probably lambasted the U.S. famously.

Lucien

May 31st, 2010
12:29 pm

Winston Churchill was the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. “Great Britain,” as a titled nation, existed from 1707 until 1801 – long before the era of Winston Churchill and World War II.

If you’re going to chide some for getting the facts wrong, then you ought to be more careful to factcheck yourself.

Michael H. Smith

May 31st, 2010
12:30 pm

Nah, Maretta, he will likely do like all the other Mexican Presidentes’: Take all the money he can and run off to Spain.

Ramon F Herrera

May 31st, 2010
12:32 pm

Let’s make sure we know the people behind the AZ immigration law.

State Senator Russell Pearce wrote the AZ immigration law on behalf of his
constituents:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsHi6_l1XzA

http://www.economicrefugee.net/?tag=neo-nazi

Dontdoit

May 31st, 2010
12:41 pm

The constitution says we have a right to bear arms. They didnt say what type of arms. Maybe some of these extreme terror groups in america might get shoulder launchers. The constitution didnt say we have a right to ammunition. Congress should ban all ammunition from being sold by anyone. If you want to hunt make your own bullet. HA

Michael H. Smith

May 31st, 2010
12:47 pm

Hey Ramon do yourself a favor, study political philosophy then come back when you understand that there are two left sides of the left both are liberal: One is socialist the other is corporatist. They both want to move past or beyond the Constitution as written, particularly the commerce section, which conservatives don’t want to change or move away from; that is what makes a conservative a conservative, by sticking to the Constitution and opposing changing it for transient causes or slobbering social whims.

Ramon F Herrera

May 31st, 2010
12:48 pm

Maretta -not the brightest of posters- wrote: “the Mexican president is a poor excuse for a leader.”

The opinions of Presidente Calderon affect 200 million Mexicans, 30 million Canadians, not to mention 300 million Americans. I am not even going into Latin American, UN or Europe support for his views. People on your side actually claim that he is the real president of the US. Did you check the reception at the White House. The world richest man was among the invited (talk about commies!).

If that is a bad leader, I’d hate to see a good one!!

Marietta then looks wishfully for the end of his term (denial is not just a river in Egypt): “When he’s finished, he probably try and get a green card”

What makes you believe that any previous or future President of Mexico will be any different?

Presidente Fox spoke in Congress, congressmen stood up and applauded. We The People had the chance to elect new Congressmen, who stood up and applauded Presidente Calderon.

It seems to me that the problem is that your views and those of We The People are contradictory.

Ramon F Herrera

May 31st, 2010
1:00 pm

Hi Michael,

you have no idea how refreshing is to see a thinking individual in your side of the issue. Let’s be clear, those supporting your views are not exactly the brightest of fellows. You are a rara avis in your crowd (I wouldn’t be exactly proud to be among them, btw).

A large portion of your strength is based on ignorance and hate.

Here is the one and only reason Arizona was able to get away with that law (the most challenged in memory):

http://projects.nytimes.com/immigration/enrollment/arizona

(I call it “The 4% Solution”, the why will be left as an exercise to the reader)

and, these, the reasons why such law will never even be attempted here in Texas, California or New Mexico:

http://projects.nytimes.com/immigration/enrollment/texas
http://projects.nytimes.com/immigration/enrollment/california

Michael H. Smith

May 31st, 2010
1:01 pm

We’ll fix the contradiction in November of this year.

Ramon F Herrera

May 31st, 2010
1:16 pm

Mike: “We’ll fix the contradiction in November of this year.”

I am afraid such contradiction will take a lot longer to work out. The democrats will lose some seats, that is a historical inevitability. Many democratic voters don’t have the time, money and SUVs to go around in teabagging parties. And yet, they vote.

Incidentally, I -and many Hispanics- would have no problem voting for GOP candidates, if the party did not HATE US, that is!

II can’t help but ponder that ONE vote from a Hispanic kid who has been denied education by the anti-immigrants in Texas can turn the tables around and the GOP will kiss those 34 Electoral College votes -plus the 55 from California- goodbye forever!

“If current demographic trends continue, Hispanic electorate could make Republican electoral college victories an impossibility as early as 2020″ – Washington Post article.

-Ramon
Proud Member of the US Chamber of Commerce (regular and Hispanic)
So quit calling me commie, will ya’?
100% Supporter of the position on immigration being
lobbied and led by The US Chamber of Commerce

Ramon F Herrera

May 31st, 2010
1:23 pm

Michael: “CREATE 12 TO 20 MILLION JOBS FOR AMERICANS BY SENDING 12 TO 20 MILLION ILLEGAL ALIENS BACK HOME! ”

The above is clearly a communist idea, that is based on a fixed pie. We in the USA believe in growth. There are a LOT of jobs being created to feed, cloth, build homes, entertain and transport 20 million people. Just think of the tortilla, tamales and taco manufacturers! Not to mention Univision and its advertisers.

Therefore, your request in kindly denied, Dear Son Michael. Any other absurd suggestions?
Signed: America The Beautiful (If you’ll pardon my lack of modesty)

Ramon F Herrera

May 31st, 2010
1:26 pm

“Presidents don’t offer opinions when they speak publicly to address a foreign nation’s government, they are make policy statements”

Okay, he offered the opinion of Mexico. A policy is the codification of an opinion(s). Care to offer something more substantial?

Ramon F Herrera

May 31st, 2010
1:29 pm

To the anti-immigrant (or is it anti-Hispanic, you folks keep on confusing me) I ask the following exercise. There are some 30% of neo-Nazi, white supremacist haters, racists, etc. in your side of the issue. That is well known.

– Look at your left
– Look at your right

If none of hem is a hater of human beings, guess who is?

Williebee

May 31st, 2010
1:46 pm

“That is well known”… right just like Cynthia Tucker can look at a crowd and tell excaclty what percent are racistsl…as long as the crowd is white. We don’t have a problem with immigrants or with hispanics…just with those who are here illegally. Your post is a good example…we want to enfrorce our own laws and you think that is somehow racist or neo-nazi…without a shred of evidence I might point out.
When you don’t have facts…call names.

Michael H. Smith

May 31st, 2010
2:26 pm

Ramon, you need to get your facts straight pal. Neither one of these two major political parties have enough hack voters to elect their candidates. It is the independents that determine the outcome of who gets elected in this country. The Democrats are going to lose at number of seats. The Tea Party members are in the mainstream of American politics at the moment. Blast them all you want, that will only hurt your cause.

Now about this Hispanic business Ramon, using ethnocentric group mentality is what gets you off to the wrong step with a good number of people in America. We have only one culture of prominence to give respect to in this country and it is the American culture. We don’t acknowledge our ancestries or place them in front of our national identity, we are simply Americans. Are you starting to get the idea Ramon?

If not I’ll go about this in a different way. If I went to Mexico and started pushing America down the throats of Mexicans demanding my culture and my language be give a status equal to or greater than the Hispanic culture and the Spanish language I would expect the Mexicans to tell me to take my stinking gringo butt back across the border and stay out of Mexico. And if I was there illegally they would charge me with a felony and give jail time before throwing out of Mexico with the message of DON”T COME BACK!

Still think people in this country HATE YOU or people of Spanish descent; or is it more that respect for sovereignty and national identity is demanded by any host people of any host nation from all immigrants and visitors?

If you want respect and acceptance from the American people you earn it by respecting our laws, our culture, our language and our customs, which is something that can only be done through the legal means of immigration. And, yes, assimilation as an American – not as Hispanic American – is expected.

As Teddy Roosevelt said, “Any man who says he is an American but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any flag of a nation to which we are hostile. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language…and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.

If you’re thinking is to turn tables around you are only begging for trouble. I know too many legal Mexicans and Guatemalans immigrants to let your monolithic statement go unchallenged, they will never vote solid Democrat by reason the majority of them oppose abortion, gay marriage and really don’t support illegal immigrations when cornered on the issue, as I done with you in the above arguments. They have a very clear sense between right and wrong, a phony social justice they see right through as corruption and you know what I’m saying is true they HATE corruption because it has oppressed them their entire lives south of the border.

If you are not with the Democrats you are probably not a socialist but considering your views then it would make you a Liberal-tarian corporatist.

So now tell me, Ramon, why you HATE America, Americans and the regulated capitalism that is mandated in the articles of the Constitution?

Michael H. Smith

May 31st, 2010
3:08 pm

Michael: “CREATE 12 TO 20 MILLION JOBS FOR AMERICANS BY SENDING 12 TO 20 MILLION ILLEGAL ALIENS BACK HOME! ”

The above is clearly a communist idea, that is based on a fixed pie. We in the USA believe in growth. There are a LOT of jobs being created to feed, cloth, build homes, entertain and transport 20 million people. Just think of the tortilla, tamales and taco manufacturers! Not to mention Univision and its advertisers
.

Ramon, it is called enforce the laws of this country, which is not a Communist idea in any regard. It is in fact, actually a Constitutional idea in every respect, though, your obvious resentment of that idea is clearly Un-American and unabashed Ameriphobia.

Why do you hate the laws of this country?

Marilyn T. Porter

May 31st, 2010
3:14 pm

Calderone, of course, is RIGHT because it is the export of America’s misguided War on [some] drugs that is the true cause of the horrendous violence, brutality and corruption we see with the cartels.

We spend $40 billion a year so militarized SWAT teams can break down people’s doors and kill grandmas, children and dogs. We are insane to pursue this corruption-causing policy any longer.

The Drug war has caused much more death and misery than the drugs themselves.

All drugs need regulation, not just the legal ones. But only legal drugs can be regulated.

This is why we need to legalize all drugs.

Yes, ALL OF ‘EM !!!

What neocons won't answer

May 31st, 2010
4:26 pm

Why is it neocons insist on calling undocumented workers illegal aliens then turn around and call the criminals who knowingly hire them great Americans?

J.B. STONER

May 31st, 2010
4:31 pm

I tried to tell you Atlantan’s YEARS AGO about problem people. You thought I was crazy then. What do you yhink of me NOW??

Michael H. Smith

May 31st, 2010
5:18 pm

Why is it neocons insist on calling undocumented workers illegal aliens

Why do liberals insist on calling illegal aliens anything and everything but illegal aliens? Is the word illegal or alien hard to understand, have they been removed from the English dictionary/ What part of illegal makes it not a violation of the law or doesn’t make it a crime?

then turn around and call the criminals who knowingly hire them great Americans?

Strange isn’t it, I’ve asked the same question of the liberals on both left sides of the left for years. Then again, I not a liberal, or a neocon… probably explains everything.

Just saying…

Michael H. Smith

May 31st, 2010
5:58 pm

Oh goodie Marilyn, if we regulate it then we can control it, right? Oh, but how do we control it? Ooo, Ooo, May I… I just got a helluva brain storm idea: We’ll tax all those legalized drugs!

It will be wonderful. It fact, it will be so good and produce so much money for BIG GUB’MENT… just think of all the good, good, good, socialists nanny state programs that will be funded. mmm, mmm, mmm.

Is that about the way things will work Marilyn?

Just a few more questions if you don’t mind Ms. Porter? What happens to all the drug addicts your BIG GUB’MENT will be complicit in creating?

What is your BIG GUB’MENT going to do to treat the drug addicts for the additions your BIG GUB’MENT help to create by getting people addicted to all those good drugs?

Uh… Ms. Porter, I think we’ve all read the book “Alcohol and Tobacco Tax”, we’ve seen the movie to know how this legalized drug addiction flick ends.

But, if your BIG GUB’MENT is made to use, oh say, about 95% of all the tax money it collects off of these newly legalized drugs to pay for addiction treatments and addiction related institutionalizations, drug addict family assistance, so on and so forth… Um, guess not, huh?

Like I said, we’ve all read the book and seen the movie, we know how it ends.

ozz,

May 31st, 2010
8:12 pm

It is amazing how some apparently educated people can be so ignorant or seemingly so as at least one writer to this post. It is apparent he is a racist and perhaps even an illegal himself.

Now about Calderon and the house and senate members, and the democrats in particular. Calderon ought not ever be allowed to return to this country. He can not control his country, his people, and had absolutely no right to come here and blast this country. As for the anti American democrats who gave this freakin donkey hole a standing ovation when slamming our country. Every last one of them ought to be expelled from their respective positions. Obama ought to be impeached and tried for treason and fraud, (if he continues refusing to provide records proving his right to hold the office of president) though not by the sorry congress as in the Clinton circus Further more all illegal’s ought to be removed from this country immediately, including the anchor babies and their illegal citizenship revoked. If their home countries where not such s**t boxes perhaps they’d stay there. But they come here for a better life and want to live as they did in their country. Rather than adapting to the ways that made the U.S. great. Calderon is only concerned about two things, and really could care less about his countries people (much like Obama), he (Calderon) is only concerned about the billions of U.S. dollars coming there, and he DON’T want his people coming home. Let’s put the Marines on the border armed with orders to shoot and kill any/all illegal’s, put the drones in the air for patrol 24-7. That would stop the illegal’s from all countries, it would stop the flow of drugs, and it would stop the crimes and killings committed by the illegal’s. Lets let the immigration be supervised by Joe Arpiao of Maricopa county in AZ, he has the balls to stop the crimes.

Ramon F Herrera

May 31st, 2010
8:34 pm

I called Michael an intelligent poster, until he wrote this:

“Why do you hate the laws of this country?”

Hey, Michael: Have you stopped beating your wife?

You may want to revise the definition of “logical fallacy”

Ramon F Herrera

May 31st, 2010
8:43 pm

“Calderon ought not ever be allowed to return to this country.”

Is that your opinion, or is it based on some law? Care to mention the part of the Constitution on which your legal argument is based?

“It is apparent he is a racist and perhaps even an illegal himself.”

Generic accusations demote cowardice. The name is Ramon. Let’s say -for the sake of argument- that I am an illegal alien, or perhaps I happen to be posting from my native Venezuela. What is your point?

Perhaps the ACJ should prevent me from posting? Perhaps your writings automatically have more value than mine?

The problem with you far conservs is all these little unwritten rules. “Ramon is naturalized citizen fresh off the boat, while my ancestors came in the Mayflower”. Ever heard of a little book called the Constitution of United States?

Such Mayflower lineage plus a $1 will get you a cup of coffee (not in Starbucks, though!)

Ramon F Herrera

May 31st, 2010
8:47 pm

Let’s make sure we know the people behind the AZ immigration law.

State Senator Russell Pearce wrote the AZ immigration law on behalf of his
constituents:

“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsHi6_l1XzA”

“http://www.economicrefugee.net/?tag=neo-nazi”

Ramon F Herrera

May 31st, 2010
8:54 pm

“Today, on Memorial Day, Americans are honoring those who gave their last full measure of devotion to our flag. And especially today, we don’t appreciate a badgerer like Mexico’s presidente badgering us about our laws. We don’t heed no stinking badgerers.”

Well, that is tough, there are many, many things in life that we don’t need but still get. Should I start giving examples? How many do you need?

Incidentally, since you are so concerned about our soldiers, you are sincerely invited to comment on:

(a) US-citizen soldiers who happen to be Hispanic.

and most specially:

(b) US soldier who are citizens of foreign countries (legally defined as “aliens”).

You claim to be such a patriot, and I bet my right arm that you had no idea such category (b) even existed.

Michael H. Smith

May 31st, 2010
8:58 pm

Ramon, I have never called you an intelligent poster for a very good reason. You totally choose to ignore the Constitution and laws of this country. That is not very smart of you. However, your last totally off the wall loony comment underscores that fact immensely.

If you didn’t hate the laws of this country, you would be defending them instead of trying at every turn to defy them in support of illegality.

Ramon F Herrera

May 31st, 2010
9:04 pm

Roja: “If Calderon wants to do something to “punish” the US [...]”

The rest of the comment was removed for useless because Calderon does not want to punish anyone.

Roja may want to read about “logical fallacy”.

Ramon F Herrera

May 31st, 2010
9:10 pm

Michael: “You totally choose to ignore the Constitution and laws of this country.”

I fully respect the laws of this country. My position is EXACTLY the same as that of The US Chamber of Commerce, all churches, and The White House.

If I am told: “Ramon, the Chamber changed position last night”, I will change position accordingly without even checking what the change was about. Got that part?

BTW: I saw all democratic congressmen and about half republican congressmen standing and applauding. You have chosen to ignore the latter, in several postings. Care to comment on the Republicans who have blasted the AZ law?

Ramon F Herrera

May 31st, 2010
9:18 pm

[Michael wrote:] “However, your last totally off the wall loony comment underscores that fact immensely”.

You are clearly referring to my criticism of your statement “why do you hate this country (or its laws)”.

Among educated people that is known as a “logical fallacy” and the standard example is “have you stopped beating your wife”.

http://www.logicalfallacies.info/

I ask you this. Let’s say that I wrote: “Hey, Michael, why do you hate our country (or its laws)”

Am I allowed to ask such question?
(please answer “Yes” or “No”).

What would your answer be? (Hint: Is it impossible to answer that question logically. It a semantic trap).

Michael H. Smith

May 31st, 2010
9:23 pm

I fully respect the laws of this country.

Hooey!

My position is EXACTLY the same as that of The US Chamber of Commerce, all churches, and The White House.

And none of that is EXACTLY the law or EXACTLY the Constitution. As well not all churches support the violation of immigration law. You have alot to learn Ramon.

You have chosen to ignore the latter, in several postings. Care to comment on the Republicans who have blasted the AZ law?

I actually did comment on those Republicans you’re referring to, you are slow so it’s understandable why you chose to miss it, since your “logical fallacy” is founded on your lack of political knowledge. A good number of so-called Republicans are Libertarians who support the same illegality as you because they are corporate puppets.

Michael H. Smith

May 31st, 2010
9:31 pm

I ask you this. Let’s say that I wrote: “Hey, Michael, why do you hate our country (or its laws)”
I’ll choose to ignore the first part of your last comment which is just loony silliness.

Am I allowed to ask such question?
(please answer “Yes” or “No”).

Yep!

What would your answer be? (Hint: Is it impossible to answer that question logically. It a semantic trap).

Clue: No it is not impossible to answer that question logically. Answer: Point out which law or in part of the Constitution I defy or support a defiance?

Ramon F Herrera

May 31st, 2010
10:30 pm

[Michael wrote:}
"you are slow"
"your loony silliness."
"your lack of political knowledge."

Ad hominem (times 3). Again, please check the logical fallacies and avoid them.

http://www.logicalfallacies.info/

ps: How the heck can you determine that I am slow in this medium??

Ramon F Herrera

May 31st, 2010
10:47 pm

[Mike:] “Strange isn’t it, I’ve asked the same question of the liberals on both left sides of the left for years.”

You must have been asking to deaf, blind people or something. Maybe they thought the question was rhetorical?

In any event, here is your answer: According to the 1st Amendment I have the right to use any friggin’ terms I prefer. You say tomato, I say tomate (that is Spanish). As long as the terms are correct, you have no right to force me to use your vocabulary (and vice versa).

People on your side keep on saying that an “immigrant” cannot be illegal. I advise a little reading on the orthogonality of terms, or at least of high school English. In laymen lingo, if you have a “car” you cannot force it to being of the “blue” color. Cars are free to be red, yellow, green, etc.

Likewise, “immigrant” (the word, not the person) has the freedom to be of the legal kind and of the illegal kind. It can also be a tall immigrant or a short immigrant, etc.

– An illegal exit is still an exit.
– An illegal turn is still a turn.
– An illegal act is still an act.
– An illegal immigrant is still an immigrant.

Don’t allow hate to cloud your intellect, is my advice to most folks in this forum.

Ramon F Herrera

May 31st, 2010
10:52 pm

“You have a lot to learn Ramon.”

Ad hominem, times 4.

Ramon F Herrera

May 31st, 2010
11:06 pm

[Poster Teddy Roosevelt wrote:] “Any man who says he is an American but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any flag of a nation to which we are hostile. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language…and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Ah, I wish all problems were this easy to solve.

Due respect Mr. Roosevelt, but you are dead and last time I checked, I am not.

Like I said, the solution to the conundrum is simple. Next time I (or any of the readers) find myself in a time machine, I will make sure not to dial the knob to the year 1912 or close by.

Solved!

Michael H. Smith

May 31st, 2010
11:14 pm

How the heck can you determine that I am slow in this medium??

Because it is so painfully obvious. That is way my comments you complain about being Ad hominem (times 3) are not attacks or distractions. They are simply pointing out the obvious fact of your limitations. Unless of course you are being coy, which is doubtful.

Notice you brought nothing of substance back on the law or Constitution to counter my answers to your so-called impossible questions?

To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization Do you recognize this, Ramon? It is from the commerce section of the Constitution(article 1 Section 8 Clause 4). Got any idea why immigration would fall under the regulation of commerce?
I mean we are suppose to be a nation of immigrants, I mean immigration is all about compassion, right?
Didn’t notice anything about establishing a bunch of rules for guest workers, did you? You know, get here any way you want or can, wink n’ nod, wink n’ nod? I mean that old thing “uniform rule” must have been a typo, it really doesn’t only one legal means to immigrate into this country solely for the purpose of becoming a U.S. Citizen, right?

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence. How about this Ramon, do you recognize it?
Still think the AZ law has no Constitutional bases?
When the federal government fails to enforce the laws or the Constitution, when the federal government fails to protect any State against invasion does that relieve the State government from all responsibilities to protect its’ citizens from invasion?

Michael H. Smith

May 31st, 2010
11:19 pm

Ramon F Herrera

May 31st, 2010
11:06 pm

What was that about Ad hominem (times 3)? And it really is that simple in 2010 and will be the same in 2020.

Michael H. Smtih

May 31st, 2010
11:24 pm

Ramon F Herrera

May 31st, 2010
10:47 pm

You should take your own advise on high school English. Even your illegal BS can use improvement.

Michael H. Smith

May 31st, 2010
11:43 pm

In addition Ramon…

– An illegal exit is still an exit.
– An illegal turn is still a turn.
– An illegal act is still an act.
– An illegal immigrant is still an immigrant.

You are dead wrong according to the law. Illegal still means illegal in every illegal case and illegal aliens are not immigrants, they are illegal aliens. Need a translation of illegal alien? And not all aliens are still the same, legal aliens are lawful foreigners, illegal aliens are unlawful foreigners.

Your hate for the law makes you blind.

Danny

June 1st, 2010
1:03 am

Calderon fights a lonely battle that nobody wants. If the Americans want drugs, let them have it. Of course the sensible ones will stay out of it. The violence is a result of combating the cartels. Before that, things were under control. Mexico has nothing to gain by this battle. Calderon is risking everything to fight and keep drugs off the streets of America. He could have gone on the take like all his predecessors. His efforts will never be appreciated.

GTurner

June 1st, 2010
1:55 am

Whiners,

Guns don’t kill people. Crazed DRUG RUNNERS kill people. This Mexican Tool is simply the latest mouthpiece for Obama. Honestly, I’ve gotten enough “Douchebag-in-chief” fatigue, I’m basically ignoring him until November. When he responds to his loss of rubber-stamp by issuing EO’s, we’ll have to expend the energy to impeach his ass.

And PLEASE stop talking about “Left” and “Right”. This is about “Maximum” vs “Minimum”. Bush was a fascist (Totalitarian Right-Wing Regime) and Obama is a Communist (Totalitarian Left-Wing Regime). They BOTH SUCK!!! The Government that can give you everything is strong enough to TAKE everything, too. I’ll have no part of either, thanks.

Ramon F Herrera

June 1st, 2010
8:30 am

Ah, I love the smell of racism in the morning.

I think we need to send another Sherman to Atlanta.

-Ramon The Yankee

Ramon F Herrera

June 1st, 2010
8:46 am

“illegal aliens are not immigrants”

The problem is that we are not in a court of law, Your Honor.

I took this argument to where it belongs, two forums of specialists in the English language Professionals who make a living with English (the one we speak in America). My position won by unanimity. Your position lost by about 40 to 0.

You claim to know more about the English language usage than the editors of the USA newspapers and other media. Boy, if that is not misguided arrogance, I don’t know what is…

Using the term “alien” adds a connotation of hate. The term “immigrant” is devoid of judgment.

In current English usage in the USA (where I live, not sure what year it is in Atlanta), Jovians and Klingons are aliens, Guatemalans and El Salvadorans are not. Check any non-supremacist newspaper or TV channel.

Some reading on basic linguistics is recommended, specially the part about prescriptionism versus descriptionism.

Perhaps Mr. Barr could ask his editor?

Ramon F. Herrera

June 1st, 2010
9:27 am

The readers deserve this explanation of terminology. There are 3 terms being used to describe the people in question.

(1) “Illegal Alien” – This is the term in the books of law. Preferred by the anti-immigrants.

(2) “Undocumented Worker” – Preferred, for obvious reasons, by the supporters of the newcomers.

(3) “Illegal Immigrants” – Being neutral, it is the term of choice, widely adopted by the media.

saywhat?

June 1st, 2010
10:35 am

Why are conservatives such wimps? They hide in fear and volunteer to give up all their constituional rights in the name of “national security” when their sheepherders tell them to. Now, they get their panties all in a wad because somebody criticizes the U.S.? MAN UP PEOPLE! Stop being such whiners! Learn to take criticism without falling apart.Did you get you widdle feewings hurt? Well BOO FRIGGIN HOOO! Call a waaaaaambulance for the cry babies.

Jillian

June 1st, 2010
10:48 am

The cartels make 60% of their money selling marijuana in the U.S. and in our wisdom we’ve decided that the best thing we could do is to prevent any sort of competition against the cartels so they can have the entire U.S. marijuana market to themselves. Wow! And taxpayers pay for this absurd prohibition?!!

Dave

June 1st, 2010
10:55 am

When I saw that I voted out my senator. But then I planned on doing that when they ram rodded that health care package down our throats. There is an old saying in the workforcce that fits well here. You can do anything you want on your last days of work. these politicians need to be replaced by fresh blood. It is clear that they are too corrupt to even listen to there pretend constituants. Their real constitutants are the special nterest groups. NOT the ones that voted them in to office. After what has been seen going on in Congress and the Senate, anyone that don’t see that is a fool and don’t need to vote.

Steve Reeves

June 1st, 2010
1:49 pm

Last week it was census takers, this week it’s Mexicans. Sounds like Mr. Barr is bored and he’s trying to get a TV gig in Crazytown like Glenn Beck or Lou Dobb. Oops, scratch that. Didn’t work out so well for Lou Dobbs, and Glenn Beck’s ratings have dropped 50% since the peak of his popularity (along with 30+ sponsors). Wait! Maybe Bob Barr is waiting in the wings for Glenn Beck’s job! But can he cry and “emote” on cue? I’m pretty sure that’s in the contract.

[...] writes today about the insult to our nation leveled by Mexican President Felipe Calderon when he dared to [...]

[...] of his country have died as a result of drug-fueled violence since he became president in 2006.-[source] June 1st, 2010 | Tags: America, BATFE, Congress, Democrat, firearms, gun control, RKBA | [...]

JimInMT

June 1st, 2010
3:27 pm

Calderon can go back to the hell he owns in Mexico. Get out of my house you f***ing snake.

JimInMT

June 1st, 2010
3:28 pm

Furthermore, all those ash moles in Congress who cheered him should consider going to his nation to live, as that is what they deserve, preferably along the northern border of Mexico, where their lives will be subject to the same fate as the beheadeds there.

k moore

June 1st, 2010
3:38 pm

STEVE REEVES MABE YOU SHOULD MOVE TO MEXICO TO

ron2112

June 1st, 2010
4:39 pm

I have a lot of respect for Mr. Barr and enjoyed the article.
Now I would like to know if he’s up to another “IMPEACHMENT” before this spineless jelly-fish we have now weaken’s us more than boneiphone bILL did. It’s only as obviouse as the “TRANSPARENCY” what a joke of his admenistration that he is out to dissmantle the constitution, and should be impeached on the grounds of treason!

Rich

June 1st, 2010
6:12 pm

What do you expect? When every tryrant in the world from Norh Korea to Hugo Chavez kicks dirt in our face and Obama says we are sorry, you can expect more of the same.

mike

June 1st, 2010
8:37 pm

Don’t you folks get tired of all the negative bashing on here? I would have thought with all the energy you morons spend on posting your hate you idiots would come up with something positive to say at least once a month. Bobby is concerned about the Mexican President with all the other things going on in this country.

Michael H. Smith

June 1st, 2010
9:21 pm

Readers deserve much better explanations than the rants of ethnocentric bigots who must depend upon the social crutch of race to disguise their hate for America’s laws and the human right of a sovereign American people to make their own laws as they see fit. Unfortunately these mental cripples of ethnocentrism base their arguments totally on rhetorical suppositions in hopes it can rival the empirical substance of arguments based on the Constitution and the law, which are forever present and with us constantly in this country whether in or out of a court of law.

If it be thus that the term “illegal alien” appears written in the law, is it now understood that the law is anti-immigrant and the court favors xenophobia over equal justice when ordering “illegal aliens” deported?

Howbeit, if the law and they who accept the law are anti-immigrant and the court xenophobe, by what other favorable authority then does immigration exist for the “legal alien” to reside in the country and naturalize?

When the false assertion of undocumented worker is preferred by the biased opinions of myopic ethnocentrics to the unadulterated clarity given in law that certifies “unauthorized workers” ineligible for lawful employment anywhere in this nation of laws, shall the Republic be set aside by an overruling from the bigotry of ethnocentric biased opinions?

Where there are divisions of right or wrong, of visitor or trespasser, of immigrant or invader, of legal or illegal, can the merging of two diametric terms via the illusions of media, create a truly unbiased neutrality?

Ramon’s harangue has been taken before 280 million or so English speaking American experts. Over 70% of them approve of the AZ law and they say he is full mud and he needs better English speaking experts.

dawgydawg47

June 1st, 2010
10:25 pm

Why are we so politically correct? Where are the real men? You know, the ones that would stand for something. We are letting our country fall apart. Why? God forbid we hurt someone’s feelings. I truly believe most hard working Americans agree with me.

1. Secure the border
2. Make the Middle East a big sand box
3. Start executing criminals again.
4. Restore corporal punishment in schools.
5. Hold attorneys accountable for frivilous lawsuits.
6. Get the federal government out of our lives.
7. Make people on welfare take drug tests. (no pass, no check)
8. Make people on welfare do some kind of work. (pick up trash, etc…)
9. Create a special foodstamp aisle at the grcocery store. (It should have a big neon sign)
10. Decriminalize pot. Take the money out of the illegal trade.
11. Admit that Muslims around the world hate us.
12. Make an announcement that lack of parental involvement is really why our schools SUCK.
13. Make boys play football, not soccer.
14. Admit that unions and lawyers have almost ruined our economy.
15. Take responsibility for our actions. (it is not Mommy’s fault that you are a loser)
16. Let Israel defend itself.

Everyone I know feels the same way. Where do all these nut jobs live any way? The end!!!!

lj

June 2nd, 2010
11:47 am

Its an odd conclusion that OUR freedoms are causing violence in Mexico.

Especially odd is the fact that our crime(and yes, that includes firearm-related crimes) has steadily DECLINED since the sunset of the Assault Weapons Ban in 2004.

So why are we enjoying a dwindling violent crime rate while Mexico is seeing a surge in violence? Surely it has nothing to do with an inept government rife with corruption.

Leo

June 3rd, 2010
6:58 pm

As usual Bob Barr flys off the handle with his facts to make a political point. Shoot ( no pun intended), and I will be happy when AJC gets its own St. Petersburg Times politifact-type investigative journalists working to give us facts. I could care less about opinions.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2009/apr/16/barack-obama/Obama-claims-90-percent-guns-used-Mexico/

j0hn

June 4th, 2010
11:23 am

“Invertebrado” is the literal translation of “spineless.” But I am not sure that “spineless” is the correct word to use here, as it generally means “lacking backbone” or “lacking strength/character.” While it is strange that Calderon is trying to blame the entirety of Mexico’s gang violence problems on slack U.S. weapons regulations, and it is understandable that some may take objection to his claims, Calderon certainly isn’t lacking spine or strength/character; It probably took a lot of balls to stand up in front of the U.S. Congress and bitch about this. Rather than lacking spine or strength/character, Calderon is lacking a scientific worldview, making unproven claims, attempting to support such with random figures like “80%,” and failing to cite a [legit] source. As with the vast majority of our problems, both domestic and foreign, we are always lacking data and reliable controlled studies. Rather than using science/logic/rationality/empiricism, most of our political decisions (from individuals voting to presidents signing legislation) are based on emotional appeal. I would like to see more politicians with a scientific worldview. I would also like to see some controlled studies on gun regulations and gun violence… If anyone knows of any peer-reviewed journal articles on the subject, please post a link!

the truth

June 6th, 2010
9:34 am

Lets face it,obama is right when he admits “HUGE MISTAKES” that you nationalists insists that our country,”THE USA” didn’t make..
We have killed,tortured and who knows what?
But,as the president has said on numerous times we are,”A NATION OF LAWS”..
Those who are here illegally from mexico do not want to go back there.Period!!

I agree,they should be deported,but when u start to stopping cars because someone looks hispanic(like they did last wed.night after 9pm,on peachtree industrial),and then expect them ,millions of them who were 1st allowed to come thru under president reagon,then with clinton,and also 12 years of the bush regime,and you expect to put the blame on obama and act like 12 or more million illegals came under his watch,THEN U ARE WRONG..

Call this great president what you want,but he will never tear down,the true meaning of world leader like the man we had in office from jan.20,2001 to jan.20.2009..What a disgrace he was..

the truth

June 6th, 2010
9:43 am

7. Make people on welfare take drug tests. (no pass, no check)
8. Make people on welfare do some kind of work. (pick up trash, etc…
———————————————————————————————
wow,i agree to the fullest,and im a die hard progressive!!
lets add one more thing in there..lets say that the lighter your skin is does not mean that you can go straight into section 8 homes,and skip da ghetto..

there are more whites on welfare in this country than blacks..my wife works for the HEW,and has told me this for years and she for the love of god can’t figure out why the only homes blacks and latino’s get are the housing projects and rarely,rarely get section 8 homes in beautiful neighborhoods,like the lighter people..

And,its not because they will tear down the home like they do in the ghetto because there are plenty of trailor parkers who tear down those same nice homes monthly..

Lets make sure that meth,cocaine,and the people who make these drugs do more time than the ones who push it on the streets..