TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the Contest is open to residents of the state of Georgia 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees of Cox Enterprises, Inc. d/b/a The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, and each of its respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to win. The term “immediate family members“ includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, and grandchildren.
3. How To Enter. The Contest will begin at 7:30 a.m. (E.S.T.) on July 14, 2008, and end at 7:30 a.m. (E.S.T.) on Sept. 3, 2008 (the “Contest Period“). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this contest.
Internet Entry: Enter by visiting accessAtlanta’s Best of the Big A official blog on the accessAtlanta Web site at www.accessatlanta.com/bestofthebiga and submit a nomination for the featured Best of the Big A category. Submit your entry by clicking on the “POST“ button. You may enter the Contest as often as you like, but only one (1) prize per person.
Sponsor will not be responsible for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the e-mail account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an e-mail account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an e-mail account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest.
4. Winner Selection. Twenty (20) prize winners will be selected in random drawings from the eligible entries received between 7:30 a.m. (E.S.T.) on July 14, 2008, and 7:30 a.m. (E.S.T.) on Sept. 3, 2008. The windows of each individual drawing are as follows: Topic 1: July 14-21, 2008; Topic 2: July 16-23, 2008; Topic 3: July 18-25; Topic 4: July 21-28; Topic 5: July 23-30; Topic 6: July 25-Aug. 1; Topic 7: July 28-Aug. 4; Topic 8: July 30-Aug. 6; Topic 9: Aug. 1-8; Topic 10: Aug. 4-11; Topic 11: Aug. 6-13; Topic 12: Aug. 8-15; Topic 13: Aug. 11-18; Topic 14: Aug. 13-20; Topic 15: Aug. 15-22; Topic 16: Aug. 18-25; Topic 17: Aug. 20-27; Topic 18: Aug. 22-29; Topic 19: Aug. 25-Sept. 1; Topic 20: Aug. 27-Sept. 3. Cox Enterprises, Inc. d/b/a The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change and/or shift any Topic date window listed above during the contest period. If a topic date window is changed and/or shifted, the window for such drawing will begin on the date the Topic is posted on accessatlanta.com and will end seven (7) days thereafter.
5. Prizes and Odds. Prize winners could receive any one (1) of the following items: Two (2) tickets to an Atlanta Braves game and one (1) parking pass. Approximate Retail Value: $70; “Mad Men“ DVD. Approximate Retail Value: $50; Alex Haley’s “Queen“ DVD. Approximate Retail Value: $20; “Pirates of the Caribbean 3: At World’s End“ DVD. Approximate Retail Value: $20; “American Gangster“ DVD. Approximate Retail Value: $20; “The Mummy Returns“ DVD. Approximate Retail Value: $20; “Charlie Wilson’s War“ DVD. Approximate Retail Value: $20; “The Andromeda Strain“ DVD. Approximate Retail Value: $20; “The Bourne Ultimatum“ DVD. Approximate Retail Value: $20; “Gone Baby Gone“ DVD. Approximate Retail Value: $20; “The Bourne Sanction“ by Eric Van Lustbader. Approximate Retail Value: $25; “The Palace Council“ by Stephen L. Carter. Approximate Retail Value: $25; “Foreign Body“ by Robin Cook. Approximate Retail Value: $25; or “Bide“ by Paulo Coelho. Approximate Retail Value: $25. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Limit: One (1) prize per person.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winners will be notified at the e-mail address submitted with the nomination form within five (5) days after topic date window listed above closes. If potential winner cannot be contacted, does not respond within five (5) days or the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner may be disqualified, forfeit his or her interest in all prizes, and a substitute winner may be selected from among all remaining eligible entries. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned within ten (10) days of date of postmark. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release within ten (10) days, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor. Winner List requests will be accepted only after the contest end date (listed above) and no later than Dec. 1, 2008. To obtain a list send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, 72 Marietta Street, Atlanta, Ga. 30303. Attn: Marketing.
7. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Contest judges. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date.
8. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
9. Sponsor. The Contest is sponsored by Cox Enterprises, Inc. d/b/a The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. The decisions of Sponsor and Contest judges regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Contest. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, 72 Marietta Street, Atlanta, Ga. 30303. Attn: Marketing.