Man, a whole bunch of stuff is going to happen in the next 48 hours. I’ll make this quick because I’m headed out the door to Tuscaloosa:
1. Auburn at Alabama: I have heard a lot of reasons why Alabama is going to win this game and all them make sense. I am certainly not going to be shocked if the Crimson Tide prevails in the Iron Bowl, particularly if Alabama quarterback Greg McElroy has a good day throwing the ball. But Auburn has been a very resilient team under pressure and I just think the Tigers will find a way to win. Auburn will get the last possession and Cam Newton will drive the Tigers into position for Wes Byrum to kick the game-winning field goal: Auburn 27, Alabama 24.
2. Georgia Tech at Georgia: Both teams have had disappointing seasons but right now I just think Georgia has more athletes, particularly on the offensive side of the ball. Georgia Tech will have to commit an extra defender to stop the run and then Aaron Murray and A.J. Green will make some big plays in the passing game. Georgia 31, Georgia Tech 21.
3. LSU at Arkansas (Little Rock): This looks like a dangerous game for LSU (10-1) because Arkansas quarterback Ryan Mallett has thrown for over 300 yards eight times this season. But I just can’t bet against Les Miles and this LSU team, which will find yet another way to win. LSU 28, Arkansas 27.
4. Kentucky at Tennessee: Tennessee (5-6) has beaten Kentucky 25 straight times and needs another win to qualify for a bowl. Kentucky (6-5) has had a tough time stopping anybody. I’m looking for a shootout. Tennessee 35, Kentucky 31.
5. Mississippi State at Ole Miss: Mississippi State (7-4) has four losses to No. 2 Auburn, No. 5 LSU, No. 11 Alabama, and No. 12 Arkansas. The Bulldogs are a good football team that has beaten Georgia and Florida. Mississippi State 31, Ole Miss 17.
6. Florida at Florida State: I’m just not sure how fired up the Gators are going to be to play anybody this week. Florida State wins this game and hopes that Maryland beats N.C. State. That would give the Seminoles a trip to next week’s ACC championship game. Florida State 28, Florida 21.
7. South Carolina at Clemson: South Carolina is not going to overextend itself because the SEC championship game with Auburn is coming up next week. Marcus Lattimore gets the ball less than 10 times and the game is close. South Carolina 17, Clemson 10.
8. N.C. State at Maryland: A win puts N.C. State into the ACC championship game against Virginia Tech. A Maryland win puts Florida State into the ACC title game. N.C. State has Russell Wilson at quarterback and that should be enough. N.C. State 24, Maryland 20.
9. Oklahoma at Oklahoma State: Oklahoma State (10-1) leads the nation in total offense with 552 yards and 45.27 points per game. A win puts the Cowboys into their first-ever Big 12 championship game. Go with the Pokes because they simply have too many weapons. Oklahoma State 28, Oklahoma 24.
10. Michigan at Ohio State: The Buckeyes (10-1) are trying to win their seventh straight game over Michigan and to lock up a BCS bowl for the sixth straight season. They will do both. Ohio State 28, Michigan 10.
Please follow me on Twitter: