I don’t know about you, but I could sure use a break from the Cameron Newton story. So back by popular demand (okay, two guys asked about it) is the Fearless Friday Forecast:
1. Duke at Georgia Tech: Georgia Tech (5-5) needs this one to become bowl eligible with a trip to Georgia coming up next week. The Tech defense had better get some pressure on Duke QB Sean Renfree or this one could be a problem for the Jackets. Georgia Tech 31, Duke 24.
2. Troy at South Carolina: The Gamecocks have already clinched a spot in the SEC championship game and may look a little sloppy in this one. South Carolina 28, Troy 14.
3. Appalachian State at Florida: It will be senior day at Florida but I wonder how excited the Gators (6-4) will be against the Mountaineers (9-1)? Jerry Moore’s team was ranked No. 1 in Division I-AA until they lost their only game to Georgia Southern. Florida 24, Appalachian State 17.
4. Virginia Tech at Miami: Miami is on a little run behind freshman quarterback Stephen Morris. That comes to an end against the Hokies, who clinch the ACC Coastal. Virginia Tech 28, Miami 10.
5. Florida State at Maryland: The Terps have Florida State at home this week and N.C. State at home next week. Win them both and they clinch the ACC Atlantic. I’m picking the Fridge. Maryland 17, Florida State 16.
6. Ole Miss at LSU: Last year was the low water mark for Les Miles as clock mismanagement was all anybody remembered about a 25-23 loss to the Rebels in Oxford. There will be no such issues this time. LSU 35, Ole Miss 10.
7. Arkansas at Mississippi State; Arkansas could be caught looking ahead to a big game with LSU next week. But Ryan Mallett and the Razorback offense is just too good. Arkansas 31 Miss. State 21.
8. Tennessee at Vanderbilt: Tennessee (4-6) can go to a bowl by beating Vandy this week and Kentucky next week. The Vols have beaten the Commodores 26 out of the last 27 meetings. Tennessee 31, Vanderbilt 14.
9. Ohio State at Iowa: Iowa is supposed to go in the tank after losing to Northwestern last week. I just get the feeling that the Hawkeyes have a big game left in them. This week’s Upset Special: Iowa 17, Ohio State 14.
10. Nebraska at Texas A&M: The Aggies (7-3) have won four straight. Three of those have come with a new quarterback in Ryan Tannehill. Another Upset Special: Texas A&M 21, Nebraska 20.
Please follow me on Twitter: