Sorry for the lateness of this second blog. A hectic day with late start to practice.
Here are a couple of notes from today’s practice, most of which I posted on Twitter this afternoon.
* Bryan Little will return to the lineup Saturday against the Penguins after missing six games with a concussion. He had a full practice on Friday, centering a line with Evander Kane and Anthony Stewart. (More on the lines later).
* Jim Slater was held out of practice. Coach Craig Ramsay said the center was just sore and he was given the day off the ice to rest.
* Ondrej Pavelec will start in goal on Saturday against the Penguins. Chris Mason will start Sunday in Washington.
* More tweaks to the line combinations for practice. Who knows what they will be tomorrow?
* Interestingly, the Thrashers ended practice with a shootout drill. At one point Ramsay stopped the segment to remind the players it was their job to score goals during the drill. That seemed to pick up the scoring.
* Briefly spoke to Patrice Cormier. The prospect, out with a broken right foot, said he resumed skating on Monday.