Bryant Park was all abuzz with everything chic for New York Fashion Week 2010. (This will be the last year at this famous location). And while the fashion community was still grieving the loss of fashion designer Alexander McQueen, the shows still went on. Here is what we have to look forward to for the next fashion season, what will you be wearing?
· Bohemian luxe—think florals layered with chunky knits and oversize cardigans
· Women’s suit: pinstripe suits, tuxedo for the ladies (courtesy of Philip Lim and Vera Wang), and Donna Karan’s boyfriend’s coat (a spin-off on the boyfriend jeans and jacket)
· Lots of textures—cashmere, fur, cable knits, velvet, etc—to keep you warm and fab whole season
· Visual impact by way of graphic elements: art-inspired prints, Bauhaus graphics, checks, graffiti, among others
· Black. It never goes back because it never seems to leave anyway. But the new way to wear black is with lots of textures. Loads of black on the Vera Wang runways.