I am excited about the trends for 2010 mainly because I still have a lot of this stuff in my closet from a few years back! These looks are all over fashion runways, online, and in fashion magazines.
1. Mixed prints - This includes any combination of, well, mixed prints! A striped shirt with a floral skirt, a floral dress with patterned tights, a striped dress with patterned vest… the combinations are endless. I suppose you could simply not match anything you wear and you are simply a trendsetter. The rules of fashion are interesting that way.
Marc Jacobs Runway 2010
2. The Wedge- I love Wedges and have never stopped wearing them. One of my favorite deals was a pair of Chanel wedges found on sale for 75% off. I am obsessed with these Jeffrey Campbell wedges and here is a more versatile budget friendly wedge option. For those who like to splurge -add these Burberry wedges to your collection.
3. Clogs – I’ve always embraced the clog as well. Have you seen clog boots? Cute and this pair is on sale. Check out these Swedish Hasbeens Jodhpur boots, not on sale, however, I love the color. Image the year round fashion possibilities. The Jeffrey Campbell clog is the hot shoe to have, very sexy with a 5 inch heel.
4. Red Lips – Red lips never go out of style. Just make sure you go easy on the rest of your makeup when you wear red lips. Find your own red comfort zone and wear what looks best with your skin tone. Some people prefer glosses, mattes or stains, it’s really a personal thing. I just picked up the best new red and it was less than $8 at Walmart. Maybelline, Are you Red-dy #625. Nars Fire Down Below, a semi matte – pure blood red, is another favorite. So glam.
5. Lucite – it’s back for accessories and shoes. When I hear the word Lucite I immediately think of stripper shoes, but will admit this trend is starting to grow on me.
These Lucite wedges are kind of cute (bonus! 2 trends together here) and they are on sale.
Here is another lower cost alternative for my bargain followers. Would you dare wear Lucite sandals with tights? Just a thought…
My prediction is Lucite will be hot for prom and weddings. Take it one step further and look for vintage Lucite shoes and really make a statement.