Did you promise yourself last year never to last minute shop again?
Not to worry, procrastinators still have a few gift giving options that are easy and practical. These tips may be obvious to some, but for those in a panic, relax and read below.
1. You still have at least two days to shop online. It will cost you, but the option is available. Check your favorite websites for expedited shipping options that will deliver your gift on Dec 24th.
2. Send a virtual gift card. Most of the major department stores offer virtual gift e-cards. Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Macys, Target, Kohls, Sephora all offer e-gift cards that can be sent electronically to any email account. Don’t forget about www.amazon.com- they have gifts for everyone and would be a perfect e-card to give! Also of note are www.netflix.com www.restaurant.com great for that hard to buy for person or token gift.
3. Give a regular gift card. Retailers from drugstores to electronics store to the coffee shops offer gift cards these days, so you have plenty of opportunities to look thoughtful by tailoring your gift-card purchases to certain individuals.
Kroger, Staples and Walmart have a gift card wall with cards from over 50 stores and restaurants all in one place.
New this year, the Simon Mall gift card does not expire and can be purchased in any denomination from $20 – $500 (unlike the usual increment of $10). Buckhead Life Restaurant Group gift cards offer 20% value added- read, FREE money.
4. Magazine subscriptions – grab a current edition, wrap it and include a note to the recipient that they have 12 more to enjoy.
5. A bottle of wine- Wrap in a cute bag or wine accessories and pair with the lasted must have effortless wine opener or wine essentials book.6. Speaking of Books- Give a relevant book to a travel lover, foodie, history buff and make it personal by writing inside the cover. Urban Outfitters has a fun selection of cheeky books for pop culture, sex, religion, politics and more.
7. Food – Most grocery stores (Fresh Market, Whole Foods) will custom create a gift basket of yummy treats of your choosing or theirs.
Hope this inspires you and helps you!