Safe Holiday Shopping tips
I love everything about Holiday shopping. I love the light, the music, the late shopping hours, the decor and the overall convivial feeling. Everyone just seems happier and friendlier (except when fighting for front row mall parking or waiting in line to check out).
It’s also easy to get lost in the merriment and not be mindful of safety. After all, who thinks of bad things on Christmas? Well, some people do, so be smart and take note of these Holiday shopping safety tips:
- Keep your handbag and valuables close to your body—front of body preferably. If you can avoid bringing a wallet or bag, better. Keep money deep down your pockets. (And these pockets shouldn’t be loose.)
- Don’t bring an insane amount of cash with you. And don’t bring out the bling when dressing up for a trip to the mall.
- Be wary of strangers—always. If you feel uncomfortable for any reason, ask for help or an escort to your car.
- Stay alert. Have clear visibility of your surroundings- do not distract yourself by searching for your keys or talking on your cell. Wearing an Ipod is a definite no.
- Seek to have someone accompany you, it is best to shop with a friend or family member.
- When shopping online, only choose sites with online secure transactions, like SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) security. Make sure you see https in the browser bar at the top of the screen.
I hope these obvious tips serve as a reminder to be careful this holiday season. Enjoy the season.