While a new fashion season is always a great excuse to shop for a new wardrobe, your inner recessionista knows better than to buy a whole new wardrobe.
Consider what you have from Spring; certain key pieces are will take you into the fall weather and leave some extra spending money for holiday shopping.
Here are the items from Spring which you can work into your Fall looks:
1. Platform shoes: Wear these with textured tights and you’re ready to hit the party circuit.
2. Boyfriend blazer: Stay warm in your oversized coats or blazers (or yes, borrow from the boyfriend—hence the name and always fun to raid his closet).
3. Bright-colored bag: All the somber hues of Fall—grays and blacks—are brightened up with a tote or carryall in a punch hue. Think purple, green, orange, or ruby red.
4. Harem pants: Short (knee-length) or long, harem pants are comfortable and chic. Wear them with all your layered tops and you won’t look frumpy.
5. Flirty skirts: Think skirts are just for summer? Worn with tights and boots, you can brave the cold season in these.