This word cloud was created from the transcript of Tiger Woods’ speech using http://www.wordle.net/. The larger a word in the cloud, the more times that word appears in the transcript.
Tiger Woods took to the podium at 11 a.m. Friday, Feb. 19, 2010, at the TPC Sawgrass Clubhouse in Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla., and issued an apology to all in his version of the facts from that fateful accident Thanksgiving weekend. It differed greatly from the apology leaked the day before.
In his first public statement in three months, Woods says it remains a private matter between he and his wife, Elin. And apologized for his infidelity to his friends and fans. Here are the photos to prove it.
He cleared his wife of any physical violence and said she did not strike him on Thanksgiving evening, before or thereafter.
In short, “I was unfaithful. I had affairs. I cheated.” But you can hear it straight from Tiger. Or see this video for the highlights. If you don’t feel like hearing Tiger, you can just read his words.
And you can tell AJC’s Jeff Schultz whether you thought Tiger was believable. Our own Pulitzer Prize winning cartoonist Mike Luckovich drew up his thoughts.
But there’s more to this public cleansing. Here is what’s being said, heard, seen:
• Former Ga. congressman Bob Barr says “‘case’ against Tiger all about sex“
• HEAR the Ke$ha-Tiger Woods mashup set to “Blah, Blah, Blah” (audio – clean)
• Tiger’s tunes: Apology lives online in mashups
• Report: Woods apologizes to parents at daughter’s school
• Tiger in future Gillette ads? Procter&Gamble CEO unsure
• Twitter users had a field day during the “speech.”
• AJC’s Jeff Schultz had an over-under on ’sorrys’. How’d you do?
• Did Tiger say the right things? SI’s Joe Posnanski offers what he would’ve said.
• Will female fans flock back?. | And how will mea culpa play out for sex addicts.
• One “expert’s” opinion on what Tiger must do to return to golf. | But, of course, not everyone cares.
• ‘Inside account’ of Tiger coming in June
• Finchem: Woods to return to therapy after announcement.
• Video: Washington Post weighs in on how Tiger Woods’ apology stack ups against other celebrity apologies.
• And lest not forget the women that made this all happen.
• Photos: Tiger Woods returns to golf course Thursday | Famous folks who’ve cheated